CHAPTER FOUR: His First Feelings

Wendy's POV

My alarm clock rang as I groaned. Feeling the tiredness seeping through my bones.

"Hey! Wendy! Time for school! Wake up!" My mum shouted. I then slowly got up and headed for the bathroom.

I decided that I should tell Edwin my decision today after talking to Jessica yesterday.

"Morning mum." I said as I went into the kitchen and gave her a hug. We live in a three-bedroom apartment.

"Morning my dear." She said. I took my bag and carried it on my shoulders.

"Aren't you eating breakfast?" She asked.

"Nope, I have something argent in school and I need to be there early. Sorry, mum."

"Okay, but make sure you eat breakfast in school, okay? Be careful not to get gastric."

"Okay! See ya!" I shouted as I opened the main door of my house and stepped out. As I headed out of the lobby, I was welcomed by the cool breeze of early autumn; it was my favourite part of the year.

When I got to school, Jessica was waiting for me in front of my locker.

"Hi Jess!" I shouted and she looked up from her phone and immediately smiled and waved.

"Let me guess. You didn't eat breakfast because you was troubled by Edwin and had no appetite. That's why you came so early." Jessica guessed as she leaned against her locker.

I smiled because she got it all right.

"You know me too well, Jess." I chuckled and she smiled. I had the habit of not eating anything if I was troubled by something or feeling stressed out. But I also do get gastric easily.

"But you still need to eat something, or you'll get gastric." She said and placed her arms through mine and dragged me to the cafeteria.

When we reached the cafeteria, the first I thing I saw was him. Edwin. He was coming out through the door, but what didn't make me glad to see him at all was that he was with Alina. Not only was he with her, they were holding hands! Upon seeing me, Alina stuck out her tongue at me and smirked. Jealousy consumed me as my face heated up. I quickly turned away.

Was her boyfriend Alina was talking about, Edwin? I asked myself as I thought that that could be the truth. At that moment, I really wanted to break down crying.

In the corner of my eyes, I could see that Jessica had already caught up. She already knew what I saw. She tugged my arm and I turned to face her.

"Hey, what are you going to eat? Today's Friday, so there will be the Toast and scrambled eggs set. Wanna get that? I'm gonna get that." She smiled and I forced a smiled back. I knew she was trying to distract me.

"Okay, let's get that!" I said happily (I actually forced it) and we pushed the other side of the main door open. I could feel Edwin's eyes on me but I acted as if I didn't see him and entered the cafeteria.

When we settled down for our breakfast on one of the tables, Jessica started to dig into her food while I stared at my scrambled eggs and poked it with my fork.

"Hey, don't do that. Quickly eat it. Look at the time now." Jessica said and I looked at my phone. It was seven forty-five, another fifteen minutes before first period started and I still needed to get my books from my locker. I quickly stuffed myself with the eggs and toast.

First period was English; I quickly ran with Jessica to our locker and grabbed our books.

"Bye Wendy, I'll go first." Jessica said as she waved and went off. We weren't in the same English class. We were only together during Math, History, Physics and Biology.