Chapter 7

Katsou Meowkins P.O.V

Hel and I flew far far away from Shield HQ. We flew so far that we came to a forest and decided to stay there for the night. We landed in an open field right into the edge of the forest and started to walk into it.

"There must have been some kind of camera system in the vents. How else could they have known?" I say to her confused.

She stays silent as we walk through that forest. After walking for about a hour I decide where we should stay. Up ahead were trees that rose high into the sky. Their leaves were thick and lush providing a much needed hiding spot. I ran up to the area and stopped Hel.

"Hel stay here while I get some fire wood." I said to her.

I ran into the forest ripping off branches from nearby trees as I passed. I came to a fair sized tree stopped. Using my claws I swiped at the tree causing it to fall down. I swung the tree on my back and ran back to Hel. I dropped the tree down and before she could say anything I ran off again, this time in the opposite direction. I came back to the field and teared the the long grass from the ground. I found a couple of rocks and took them too. I raced back to Hel in a flash and dropped the stuff in front of her.

"We are going to have to make a fire."I say to her.

She doesn't say anything but starts to break the twigs by grabbing the two ends and driving them into her knee. I walk over to the tree I had cut down and start slicing it into pieces. Once I have a I need I carry them back and drop them on the ground. I form a small tipi out of the wood and throw some grass and twigs inside. Using my knives I slid them across each other, causing orange sparks to fly. Soon I had a warm, crackling fire going. I open up my bag seeing my huge amounts of meat inside. I grab two steaks and devour them both without even cooking them.

As I lick the blood off my fingers I look back to Hel who is worrying a piece of grass between her fingers. Her eyes look dark and distant, as if she looking back into her past. As if sensing me watching her eyes flick up towards me and then back to the fire, the flames dancing in her eyes.

"Would you like something to eat?" I ask her.

"No. I think I am going to go for a walk." Hel said quickly and hurried off in to the shadows of the trees.

As I sit there alone in the forest I listen to the frogs that are croaking by a river that is not far away. The sound is almost soothing and I start to drift off into sleep, but not enough that I can't sense anything. I start to dream.

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

*Dream*
Year of 1990
I was walking down the sidewalk on my way home from school. Alone. Grade 10 is not the easiest thing to pass so most people like to study. Most of the people at my school study with other people. Friends. Which I don't have. My parents say I can't have friends because they want me to focus on my school. Even though I can pass a grade 10 without studying anything. My parents don't know that I am not doing grade 10 math I am doing grade 12 math. They also don't know that during my spares I don't go to the library and study. I go to a training facility where they train you fight. I have been doing this since I was in grade 5. My parents said that everyday after school I had to go to the library and study. I finally got up the nerve to not go study and find something else to do. I ended up at the training facility and found out that I am a really good fighter.

When I open up the mahogany door into my house I get a cold feeling in the pit of my stomach. I quickly shut the door and gradually walk into the living room, looking at my surroundings. I see both couches flipped over; long gashes run across the side with fluff sticking out. The lamps were smashed on the ground with the glass from the light bulb scattered on the dark, oak floor. The drawers in the coffee tables were pulled open; their contents spilled out on the floor. The feeling in my stomach now felt like shear ice.