Chapter 1

Third person POV

One day as the 22 year old Aphmau was walking she started thinking, she though 'I wonder why I can't recall my past, it's like my mind was erased leaving me with intelligence just no origin... hmm... weird.' As she was walking she bumped into a man, he had light brown hair and light blue eyes. "Oh my gosh! I am so sorry! Here, take 20 dollars and go buy a new shirt. Once again I m so so sorry!" Aphmau pleaded to the man, he had coffee spilled all over his sweat shirt. "Heh, it's fine, keep your money. The cold air is helping it not to burn I guess..." he said. "Are you sure?" "Yea, it's fine. I wouldn't take money from a beautiful girl like you anyway." He said smirking.

Aphmau ran into the cafe, went behind the counter and put on her barista apron and name tag. She proceeded to go and clean the dirty tables until her break. after her break was over she was working at the cash register. Aphmau was happy, it was 1 hour until 2:45! She was very exited to go home and see her dog, Thorgi. About 5 minutes later a familiar face walked in, it was the guy she bumped into. Aphmau got nervous because she didn't want him to recognize her. She called her friend, Cadenza over to take over the register while she made coffee. Cadenza asked the man, "Hello sir, welcome to the cafe! What can I get for you?" "Cadenza!?" he said happy yet confused. "Wait... Laurance!?" she said ecstatic. "Oh my goodness Cadenza you've grown!" "So have you! I haven't seen you in like 4 years!" They hugged over the counter and Aphmau walked over. "So you two know each other?" I said "Yea, Aph, this is my adoptive brother Laurance!" "Yea, we've met..." I said awkwardly "Oh, you have?" "We ran into each other on my way to work..." "Yea, we did. So I guess you're Aphmau then, as you heard I am Laurance." He smiled. "Well we got to get back to work, it was so great seeing you Laurance!" she said "Nice seeing you too... Say... Aphmau, can I get your number?" "I-I U-umm s-sure!" I was blushing mad as I wrote my number down for him.

While I was feeding Thorgi my phone buzzed, I walked over to see a text from and unknown number, the text read:

Laurance: Hey Aphmau, it's Laurance from earlier.

Aphmau: Oh, hey. What're you up to?

Laurance: Nothing really, I was thinking about building a card castle, care to join me?

Aphmau: I don't think I know you well enough to go to your house or anything like that.

Laurance: Oh, okay. I understand, just thought I'd give it a try. Heh!

Aphmau: Well I am going to eat now so I'll talk to you later, bye!

Laurance: See you soon!

I went and sat down at my table with my sandwich and milk, once I was done eating I took a long shower and changed into my PJ's to go to bed. Before I went to sleep I put Thorgi beside me like always, sleeping like a human... cute. My phone buzzed, it was Cadenza, she said:

Cadenza: Hey Aph, I know it's late but i just wanted to tell you that my brother's a Casanova, I think you should know. Just because he has your number and will probably ask you out or be creepy at times.

Aphmau: Thanks for the warning, he did ask we to build a card castle with him earlier, I don't know him well so I declined.

Cadenza: Well, Aph I am off to sleep I'll talk to you tomorrow. Night!

Aphmau: Night Cadenza.

I turned off my light and went to bed. I woke up to my phone buzzing, I picked it up to see a text from Laurance, it said:

Laurance: Good morning sun shine!

Aphmau: Morning, and please don't say that. For crying out loud I met you yesterday.

Laurance: S-sorry...

Aphmau: It's fine I just woke up so I am not in a good mood, I'll talk to you later, bye.

Laurance: Bye...

Laurance's POV

After Aph stopped texting I got out of bed and changed into some casual clothes. I walked into the kitchen and made some oatmeal, it smelt great and tasted even better. It was almost 12:00 and my roommate Garroth finally got out of his room. "Hey Garroth!" I said "Hey man, I am going back in my room once I get something for me to eat." "Okay Garroth, but you have to get over your breakup with Zoey! Yea breakups are hard but you need to be a man!" I tried to get Garroth's mood up.. it didn't work. He got some peanut butter and jam toast and moped back on into him room. I sighed and decided to text Aph asking her if she wanted to go to the public pool with me and Cadenza, she agreed and I was beaming with joy! It was like a date but with a third wheel...

Aphmau's POV

Laurance asked we if I wanted to go to the pool with him and Cadenza, I only agreed because Cadenza was going. At least I was doing something on Saturday, I never do anything so this was very exciting for me. I get to the pool and Cadenza and I go into the girls locker room and change into our bathing suits, Laurance went in the mens and did the same. I came out wearing a purple bikini that didn't show much of my stomach. Cadenza was wearing a light blue bikini that had ruffles on the edge and fine wave designs all over it. Laurance had a green pair of swim trunks. The pool was pretty cold, considering it was winter. I stood on the diving board looking down at the water and then Laurance came running and grabbed we and Cadenza and we all flew into the pool making a HUGE splash! I started to laugh once we all got to the surface. "That was fun!" I said cheerfully. "I enjoyed it too." she giggles. Laurance doesn't say anything but goes under water and swims under my feet, he started pulling we to the ladder an out. Once we were out of the pool he lifted me up and threw me into the pool, it was fun. Laurance continued to throw me and Cadenza into the pool for about an hour. Eventually I went and changed back into my normal clothes. I look at the clock, it says 4:25. I am hungry because I haven't eaten lunch so I invite Cadenza and Laurance over to my house to have dinner. We all went to my place and have fish and chips that I made.

The conversation started booming, "You cook really well Aph!" said Cadenza smiling. I smiled "Thanks, you guys are welcome to join me anytime!" Laurance smirked and said, "I like a girl who can cook" I blushed "Laurance!" Cadenza hit his hand as a warning not to say that again. Cadenza helped me with the dishes while Laurance went to pick a movie to watch as it was only 6:40 and they wanted to stay until at least 8:00. He ended up picking Scream 3. We all gathered in the living room of my house and started watching, at some point I ended up jumping and Laurance put his arm around me, we were still a good distance apart but I blushed anyways. Cadenza went and made popcorn, the movie ended and it was 8:45, we put on a different movie, this time Cadenza picked, she ended up choosing Lord Of The Rings. We watched the movie, I ended up falling asleep during it as did Laurance and Cadenza.

1390 words!

Thank you all so much for reading this first chapter! It took a while to write and draw the book cover so I hope you like it! Also if you have any suggestions please message me or comment, I will be sure to read them and if I take a while please know I will read it eventually, even nif I don't respond know I will read it :) Se you all later! Bye! ~Taylor