The Jerk Unleashed [10.]

Usami didn't have much in the refrigerator to make much. Just the basics: eggs, white rice, milk, couple slices of bread, once head of lettuce, and chicken. Akemi's face dropped at the man's quantity.

'How has he survived this long?' She pondered. She was utterly flabbergasted. Nonetheless, she and Misaki would have to make it work. Akemi saw that he had the pots and pans out, awaiting her instruction. She gestured for him to come over. His eyes widened at the ingredients.

"That's all he has?"

Akemi nodded. "We can make it work. It'd have to be simple though. Misaki sighed and nodded.

--

Although Usami was deeply asleep, something warm was staring to penetrate his nose. It smelt almost surreal, and his face started to involuntarily twitch. A voice was calling out to him. It was soft and melodic and matched the warm smell. A hand was on his shoulder, slightly shaking him. His senses were slowly starting to arise, and he thought for a moment it was Aikawa pestering him about a deadline, but this presence was different. It, in many ways reminded him of Suzuki-san, and he wanted to reach out and take hold of it. The presence shook him more awake this time. His eyes slowly flickered open to a pair of brown eyes looking down at him, and long hair slightly tickling his cheek. But what he took note of the most, was the fact that his hand was grasping her wrist. She didn't complain, but just looked at him. Usami's mind immediately clicked and he rose up completely, releasing her wrist.

"I tried waking you up and calling your name. Dinner's ready." She said. Usami nodded and took a deep sigh, getting his thoughts together. He heard the sound of tables setting breaking his trance and forgot about the dinner. Usami wasn't looking forward to eating, knowing that there wasn't much those two could've made, and that if they did make something, it probably was going to taste weird. He rose up, ready to eat this supposed 'dinner' and was quite surprised when he was met with an actual table full of food.

"What...is all this?" Usami said, baffled.

"Your dinner." Misaki said flatly and unamused.

On the table sat a plate of omelettes, chicken in rice, and bowl of what looked like soup, and lots of toast."

"Yeah, it's not much, and pretty juvenile, but at least more than a simple peanut butter and jelly sandwich." Akemi said, gleaming at the food quite proud of herself and Misaki.

"And instead of miso, we substituted it with cabbage soup. The toast is french toast." Misaki said rocking in his chair back and forth. He was impatient and ready to go home.

"Yeah, you look like you need some carbs, so we used all the bread you had."

"So you can get fat."

Akemi slapped him upside the head. He rubbed it vigorously. "I mean uh, healthy, and glowing."

Usami stood for while taking the meal in. He was proven wrong, and he really was shocked. No one, had ever gone out of the way to cook for them, Well, Aikawa once, but it was terrible idea on both of their behalves. He had to buy new pots and pans because they were burnt and crusted awfully at the bottom. Usami was about to sit down when his phone rang. He sighed and walked over to it. It was Takahiro.

"Oh Takahiro, is everything okay?"

Takahiro spoke, and the teens could slightly make out the male's voice on the other line.