The beginning of summer [4.]

The weekend was over, it was Monday, and Akemi looked at the alarm clock beside her. The time read, 6:30. It was early, but it was enough time to get ready and not have to worry about rushing. It was kind of odd of Akemi to wake up early, but in this case it wasn't odd at all. She had tried so hard to get some sleep last night, but it was hard to forget what had happened on Saturday. She wanted to forget but one thing kept reminding her about the incident; her sore breast. As embarrassing as it was to think about it, it really did hurt. Akemi slowly rose up and went to her dresser. She pulled her pajama shirt up to examine the sore that was bothering her breast. She poked at it, and she yelped an ow. The breast did have a bruise on it, but it wasn't noticeable.

"I wonder if I should tell mom about it." Akemi pondered aloud as she moved closer to the mirror and examined the sore breast infront of it. Akemi decided thoughtfully that she should keep this a secret. Afterall, her dad was the type to overreact. If he knew that a boy did this Akemi, she'd never see the light of day (and neither would the boy). Akemi sucked it up, and eventually got ready. "This is going to be a long day." She murmered as she was making her way down the wooden hall to the bathroom.

--

Akemi took her sweet time walking downstairs. She kind of wandered lazily down. To be quite honost, she didn't want to go to school today. For one reason, she didn't want to see Misaki. Akemi shook the thought from her mind and sat at the table silently.

                                  --

"Oh honey, your up early!" Her mother shouted as she held a plate in her hand and placed it in front of Akemi. Akemi slowly nodded as she nibbled on her food. "Everything alright? You look a pretty mess." Akemi's mom said as she leaned in and studied Akemi's face. Akemi roled her eyes at her mom's comment.

"I'm fine mom. Where's dad?" Akemi asked as she took a sip of her orange juice.

"He had to leave early for a conference, but he said he was gonna bring home some deserts from his meeting." Akemi's mom saidas she took a seat across her daughter's.Akemi was pretty excited about that since dad's meetings always served delish sweets from expensive resteraunts. It was now quiet in the living room. The only sound was the clock ticking down the wooden hallway. Akemi's sore breast was now bothering her. The birds were now starting to chirp there way through the morning air. As the sore was starting to bother Akemi, she noticed the sun's rays seeping into the see-through veil drapes. Akemi could also feel her mom's eyes peircing at her from across the wooden table. Akemi felt as though her mom could sense something was wrong; it was one of the things she was good at depicting. Afterall, the woman was only twenty-five and wasn't a bad catch on the eyes. She had good experince with men in her past (non-sexual) before her marriage. So she knew when a female was having problems with a male; it was her specialty. Akemi's mom decided to break the silence.

"Akemi...you've been looking a little..." Akemi's mom paused. "Tired." Akemi's mom finished. Akemi knew what her mom meant when she emphasised the word, 'tired.' She meant something more than physical tiredness. Akemi's mom waited for her daughter's reply. Instead, silence filled the room.

"You know all this worrying is not good for your complextion." Akemi's mom said trying to lighten the mood. A small smile slowly pursed on Akemi's face. "I know." Akemi said with a light laugh. Akemi's mom smiled. "Ah, there's that pretty smile." The both of them giggled like teenagers at their own awkwardness.

"You know Akemi, my mom used to say to me, "dont waste your time on a guy that dosen't see you and your wonderful qualities, find a guy that does." And well...that's how I met your father. He didn't just see me as a piece of meat, he saw me for me and actually cared. So perk up, being seventeen is still rough, but I know you'll be just fine. Just promise me one thing; don't date a guy who's too cheap that he won't take you anywhere." Akemi's mom said giggling. Akemi nodded and laughed as well. Akemi turned in her seat and looked at the grandfather clock a few feet away, the time read 7:00. Akemi rose from her seat and grabbed her bag that was next to her.