Chapter 25 - Really Don't Care

I sat at the hospital for hours. "This is all my fault.", I kept thinking. "My fault." I slowly walked into the hospital room where he was. Tears streamed down my face. He looked dead. I couldn't tell if he was alive or asleep..forever.

Chris-Hey.

I could tell he was in extreme pain. He was weak.

Jessie-Shh. You look beat.

Chris-Getting hit by a car sure rains on your parade.

I laughed.

Jessie-I bet. Don't feel like drinking alcohol anymore do you?

Chris-H*** no.

Jessie-Why didn't you just listen to me? Why couldn't you just leave me alone!! Was it too much? You can't stand seeing me happy can you? I am happy. You had your chance, and you blew it.

Chris-I'm sorry.

Jessie-What if something happens to you? Then how are you gonna feel?

Chris-Pleas-

Dr.-Mr. Brown, you experience some extreme pain and bruises. Cuts as well. I don't want for you to do much physical activity at all. Dancing is included.

Chris-I'm in the middle of a tour! I can't stop now.

Jessie-You have to.

Dr.-Are you his spouse?

Jessie-No, I'm just a friend.

Dr.-With the injuries. I would recommend that someone, like a friend, would stay with him to help him out. He can walk, but no strenuous activity either.

Jessie-Alright. When can he leave.

Dr.-If we can get him cleaned up and if his pain level isn't high then possibly tonight.

Jessie-All right, thank you Doctor.

He exited the room quickly.

Chris-Wil-

Jessie-No. I'm not staying with you.

Chris-Please, Jennifer-

Jessie-Is your girlfriend. Call her. Not me. I am not with you anymore. I really don't care what you do or who you're with. Just leave me out of it.

Chris-That's cold.

Jessie-So what? You kissing another woman, especially a super model, and then leaving me for her is cold too. Way to make me feel superior.

Chris-Jennifer is mad at me Jessica.

Jessie-So what? Give her a call.

Chris-Can you dial it, and hold it to my ear? I really don't feel like getting up right now. I feel fine. I just don't wanna strain myself.

Jessie-Sure.

(picking up the phone and dialling)

??-Hello?

Jessie-Who is this?

??-This is Tommy..Jen's boyfriend. Chris must be short for Christina or something.

Jessie-Yeah. Um, isn't home? Okay. Bye.

(hanging up)

Oh my god. She's cheating on him! I can't tell him now.

Chris-Tommy?

Jessie-You heard..I'm sorry.

Chris-Now all I literally have is my mother.