Don't'cha Think?

After your bath, you paced the living room in anxious tension, waiting for your new travelling companions, checking the door every minute. Pushing your brain to work on an emergency plan in case the ghost ship chased you, it came up with nothing in all its scrambling about. If Vaati didn't disappear to somewhere else in the ship, he would throw a sassy comment at you, something along the lines of how meaningless your actions were, but that wasn't your biggest concern. You probably were being ridiculous. But this is what the two friends wanted. Not exactly your idea.

Once you parted the curtains for the fifteenth time to check, you saw Agnan and Vila at the door. For preparation, they donned armor and were armed; Agnan had a rather durable-looking ax and a cheap sword hanging onto a strap that was flung around his shoulder like a purse, and Vila had a bow and quiver of arrows. Their "armor" was nothing much, just some thick, strong leather, decorated simply by metal linings.

Finally... you thought, since the wait felt like forever, though it had only been twenty minutes, a reasonable amount of time if they had come from across the island. Briefly nodding to acknowledge their presence, you headed to your ship. With their heads bowed down, Agnan and Vila followed you, shrinking down to as small as an existence as they could; they were quite displeased at the fact that they had to travel by another person's ship. If this wasn't the only way to save Herm, they would refuse to swallow their pride. The air was fresh with dew and ocean water, but it felt eerie with the lack of words being exchanged between you three. Vaati had gone off somewhere, apparently.

You found that, against your will, Vaati had ended up going as he said he would, and you had later learned that he had hid himself. Of course. Finding him in a corner under the deck, you went to approach him, and started to call him, "Hey... Vaa-GAH!" You yelped as a strong force shoved you back onto the stairs. That, and the slight blackness which covered him made your heart skip a beat or two. Although, really, maybe you were too unnerved to see that it was merely the shade... right? Scurrying away, shock from the small attack screamed that you leave him to his devices. Though, you didn't think that his actions were just to get away from humanity and be antisocial.

You were certain that that incident had something to do with it.

Yet, you said nothing, wondering if that had really just been his little ability to do magic. After all, the whole thing with the hair and eyes seemed to be simple. The hair moving on its own must have been wind magic. You didn't know what the slight glow on the eye was, but it looked simple. The vibes that came off of him, however...you weren't so sure. It was something similar to that feeling that came with the Ghost Ship. Which, if Vaati was right, would mean he was something close to a god. You shuddered at that thought; who exactly was he?

Shaking off your thoughts, you focused on the map in your hands. "Which way do you think it went?" you asked, turning to look at the two hiding in the back.

"When we saw Herm get taken, I think I saw it go that way," Agnan said, pointing towards your left, where you saw the last remnants of a thick fog. Your gut feeling did not interfere with Agnan's answer. It was the fog from the Ghost Ship, most likely. Yes, that way.

You nodded, then twisted around to crank the engine. However, tiredness from having not slept since around three that morning led to you nearly breaking the lever by moving it the wrong way. Once you realized what you were doing, you quickly let go, and stared at it like a dummy. You didn't experience this amount of sleepiness before, not until you started having those nightmares.

Sighing irritably, you turned the lever the right way and listened as the engine roar to life. The wheels on the side begin to turn, slapping the salty water. You could fall into a deep slumber in under three seconds if you allowed yourself to. Carefully, with your eyes struggling to stay open, you steered out of the dock. It was still raining, though not as hard as before you left and more tolerable. Now certain that you were headed towards the fog, you spoke to the two in the back over the pitter-patter of rain, breaking the quietness that was left.