part five : highschool

Today was the day Hunter and I started highschool. I don't know about you, but I always tried to make a good first impression on the first day. Not that I need to impress any boys this year, though.

I woke up at 6am sharp, when Hunter texted me.

babee😍💖:
WAKE UP BABYGIRLL
ILL MEET YOU FOR BREAKFAST AT 6:45

I didn't reply, but just started getting ready. I changed into a floral skirt, a white tank top, and a cream cardigan for dress code purposes. I left my wavy hair natural, and slipped on some black converse. I worse natural makeup, and then I was ready for the day.

Once I was done, I saw my mom downstairs making breakfast. The Rowlands and my family would always have breakfast at one house, and then one of our parents would drive us to school. Hunter, Brandon, and Ashton all ran though the door and Nick ran down the stairs. We ate our pancakes, and piled on into my mom's car.

My brother, Nick was going to be a junior, Hunter and I were freshman, Brandon was going into 8th grade and Ashton was in 4th. I was nervous for this year. Last year didn't end well and Hunter was basically my only friend. I'd meet a bunch of new friends this year, but I was still scared.

We got to the highschool at around 7:15 and walked to the office. I told them my name, got my schedule, and waited for Hunter. We compared our classes, and we had algebra, global, english, spanish and lunch together. 5 out of 7 periods wasn't too bad.

We had separate homerooms, so I gave him a quick kiss and went our separate ways. I ended up meeting a few girls in there, and we we're all sitting together at lunch! Their names were Sarah, Mackenzie, Julianna and Sophie. They all seemed pretty cool and I was glad to have some new friends!

I walked with Mackenzie to Algebra, and then met up with Hunter on the way. "Wait a second, Hunter Rowland is your boyfriend?" She asked, suprised. "Haha yeah!" I replied as Hunter came and wrapped his arm around me. "I didn't mean it in a bad way or anything...I just watch his YouNows all the time and .. wow this is so cool! " She rambled out as we all laughed. "Well you seem pretty chill, hopefully we can be friends too!" Hunter told her as we arrived at the classroom.

We went through most of the day, and then we got to lunch. Mackenzie, Julianna, Sarah, Sophia and I sat with Hunter and his friends, Michael, Ryan, Zach and Kyle. His friends all seemed pretty cool, the 10 of us exchanged numbers and made a groupchat. Maybe this year would turn out pretty good.

The day was over, so Hunter and I met up with Nick in front of school where Christine came to pick us up. We also went to Brandon and Ashton's schools and went back home.

I started putting my stuff away, and I heard my phone go off,

Squad Goals💥 (gc name)
Mackenzie💙:
you guys wanna hang today??

Everyone replied yes, so the 10 of us decided to meet up at Starbucks. It wasn't far from Hunter and I's house  so we walked together, holding hands the whole way.

We all just hung out around town for a few hours until all heading back home. I had new friends and an amazing boyfriend. This year might be good after all.