part twenty-four : surprise

after like an hour of finding parking and me begging weston or hunter to tell me who was coming, we finally got in the airport.

weston only told me "its a close friend of ours" but that could be anyone honestly.

tyler went to check if the fight had landed, which it did. it was a flight from philadelphia. wait a second...the only one of our friends from pennsylvania was mark.

shoot. he was probably on his way already when i called him, and weston doesn't even know what happened. hunter doesn't know we broke up for him...and next thing i know mark was walking towards us.

"surprise!" he said, hugging me.

"oh my god...i had no clue you were coming!" i was happy, but this was going to be really awkward.

we all walked back to the car, just talking about things do to for the week. weston gave me a look to check my phone. i had two texts from him.

westonn💃🏽😂;
why dont u seem excited to see mark ):
i was hoping you'd be rly happy

vall💁🏼💓:
we broke up this morning /:

westonn💃🏽😂:
wait werent u with hunter this morning...does he know??

vall💁🏼💓:
yeah, he doesn't know i mainly broke up with mark because i still love him though

westonn💃🏽😂:
aw you guys were so cute tg but i get it..
BUT AW I ALWAYS KNEW YOU AND HUNTER WOULD BE TOGETHER AGAIN ONE DAY

i laughed at him as we hopped back into the car. tyler drove, hunter in the front, and weston, mark and i in the back seat.

"we planned this before the tour ended, i hope you're not mad i'm here.." mark said, awkwardly.

"don't worry, i'm happy you're here...friends, right?" i asked

"yeah, friends." he said with a small smile.

the car ride back wasn't silent, but still pretty quiet.

mark was now going to be staying with hunter, so we all went there.

we did a quick younow, just to let everyone know mark was in arizona for the week. it was really fun and reminded me of the crazy broadcasts we did together on tour.

*marks pov*

i couldn't believe val broke up with me this morning. i really thought this was going to work, and of all days it was the day i came to visit.

everyone was so excited to se how happy val would be, and now she really didn't seem too excited to see me.

this "friends" thing killed me. i guess i wouldn't be tok bad because we live so far away, but for now it killed me.

it was obvious she loved hunter. the way they acted together, like a couple who was just so in love with eachother. and they weren't even together.

he always made me jealous, he was too good to her and could never treat her that well.

weston and i had talked about it, too. when he liked val but was just too jealous of the way hunter treated her. the two of them are meant for eachother, but little relationships keep getting in the way.

as much as it hurt me, i wanted them together. they brought out the best in eachother, and it needed to happen.

it was going to happen, and i had to help hunter make it great.

val deserves the best, and if i can't have her, hunter is really the best for her