Chapter 2

Kyra's Pov

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP*

"UGHHHHHHH!!!" I yelled, turning off my alarm. Another day, then finally a party. Today's friday, and Audrey's house is free, so that means her weekly parties. Her parents are usually out of business trips, because they travel for work. Pfft. I'd rather be in Hawaii right now.

//another crazy time skip to history class//

"Okay, you guys have a partner project and it'll be due in 3 weeks. I choose your partners, clearly." Mr Mora said, with his loud booming voice.

And I was waiting for my name to be called, hopefully paired with Jacob, because he was the only one in the class.

".......Jacob Sartorius and Emily White, Kyra Nathens and Weston Koury, and that's the class."

Who the heck is Weston Koury. I did not sign up for this. A familiar boy walked up to me, I'm assuming he's my partner. He looked kinda scared of me, which is what I never wanted. "Hi...I'm uh...Weston-Koury. Uh..PleaseDontHurtMe" He said, flustered.

"Why would I hurt you?" Asking, confused. Oh, he's the boy that I ran into. Dang it.

"Oh, don't worry. I won't bite, I'm not as scary as people put me out to be" I smiled, genuinely.

"Oh, ok. So...I'll do the project and you can get more credit on it. I'll just write your name on everything." Weston said, still nerve wrecking

"Oh god no! I'm not stupid. I can help or even do most of it." Just a tad bit annoyed.People think I'm dumb, but I get straight A's....Well, A-'s. But same thing. I'm not like some dumb pretty girl like in the movies.

"O..k... I didn't mean to call you stupid I swear! Uh, how are we going to do this?"

I smiled. He was still so scared. "Do you go to the parties that Audrey hosts? Because we can just do it tomorrow, since there's one tonight."

He frowned. "No, I don't go to those..." His voice lowering.

"Aw, come on! Let me take you to tonight's! It'll be fun. I swear." I smiled, hopefully looking more friendly.

//

After the whole period of convincing Weston to come, he gave in, and gave me his number. Well, I insisted to. And he thought I gave him a fake number. Gosh, I'm not famous or anything. It's whatever though. I got ready, put on a smokey eye and deep red lipstick, with a decently tight black dress and black heels. I went to go over to Weston's house, since I insisted on picking him up also.

The drive was about 10 minutes, and he wasn't far from Audrey's house actually. I went out of my convertible, and knocked on his door. What? I didn't wanna honk and be rude. He opened the door, with his mouth open, staring.

"What? Do I look bad?" I looked down at my dress, flattening it.

"No, uh, not at all. You look-uh-pretty-I-mean-I'm-not-trying-to-hit-on-you-I-just-think-you-look-nice"

"Woah woah woah. Slow down. You don't look too bad yourself." I grinned. He was wearing a plain black tee and kinda dressy jeans, opposed to wearing a striped tee and normal jeans at school.

*beep* Checking my phone, I see 2 texts from Kathy, 3 from Audrey, and 1 from Blake

Kathy: where are you! are you ready?

Kathy: I'm in your driveway, where are you?

Shîz. She was supposed to pick me up. Good thing it was only 2 minutes ago.

Kyra: I'll meet you at the party, I'm not home.

Audrey: Are you ready to get this party started!

Audrey: Come on. Where are you are Kathy?

Audrey: WHERE ARE YOU TWO?!? DONT TELL ME YOUR HOOKING UP WITH SOMEONE RIGHT NOW

I laughed. She always thought I was hooking up with guys, and that's why I'm not in a relationship.

Blake: are you here yet? I'll wait if you want, Mark and Jacob aren't here.

I just ignored that. why was blake worrying about me?

"Is something wrong? Oh god, is it me? I'll cancel if you want" Weston said, starting to open the car door.

"No no no, it's fine. Come on get back in."

//

During that car ride I figured out that Weston lives alone since he was 15. Cool.

We walked into Audrey's house, and like always, it smelled like alcohol and under aged horny teenagers.

"Hey, I was waiting. Wait, why'd you bring the nerd?"