Chapter 8

Kyra's Pov
(same day as last chapter)

When I get home, I drop everything and check my phone. Not for long though.

*car honk*

I open the door outside, grab my purse and see if it's the girls I'm waiting for. Yep, of course.

"Get in loser we're going shopping" Audrey says.

"Alright alright Regina George" I say, laughing at the joke they made.

"Well sorry I just really wanted to do that so I took my chance."

We rode the way to the mall while singing to longs, gossiping, and talking about hot celebrities. I'm not surprised if that's what you do too.

We went to Pink, Forever 21, American Eagle, H&M, and Victoria's Secret. We were mostly shopping for the future Homecoming dance, which I have no idea when it is, but sometime this year. If I win, I really want to pull a Cady Heron and break my crown and throw it everywhere, but that probably won't happen. I mean, the school probably spends only $3 on a plastic crown so why is it so special? I just don't get it.

*Buzz*
as usual, a text from Blake. And Weston!

Weston: hello again. are you sure you have nothing with blake?

Me:of course not. why do you keep asking?

Weston: sorry if I keep bothering you. I'm just wondering because I feel like he'd beat me up if you guys were a thing and he knew that we talked.

That can't be right. He's not bothering me, but I feel like that's not the real answer.

Me: no your not bothering. and it'd be fine if we were something. I'd just tell him your a great friend :)

"Kyra! How does this dress look on me!" Kathy asks. I completely forgot we were trying on dresses. Oops.

"It looks gorgeous. Your gorgeous. Anything you try on will look perfect." I respond, she honestly does have all the curves and her looks are just overall so beautiful. No wonder why Mark chose her.

"Aw really! Thank you Kyra. What about you Audrey?"

She was busy snap chatting Jacob. As always.

//
Home at last! And again, our parents aren't home. Abby heated up the homemade lasagna that mom made before she left, and we all ate it. We all actually talked like sisters for once, bonding. But most of the talking was just about boys and money anyway.

After dinner, I decided to check the text that I got from blake.

Blake: hey bbygirl. we should chill soon ;)

Is he seriously still going with this act? Alright, I guess I'll play along.

Me: hey there. yeah we should. Netflix too ;)

The priceless Netflix and Chill. I mean, this time I actually meant Netflix. Not the nasty, kids. Don't be nasty.

I sat in my bed, scrolling through my Twitter, watching a few YouTube videos. Until I fell asleep.

// next day //

Tuesday. Not even halfway through the week.  Another dreadful day at at school. When I arrived at school, Blake was standing in the front, just standing. I pretended I didn't see him, and tried to walk in. Of course that didn't work. He looked even nicer than yesterday. He wore a muscle tee that showed off his muscles and some black jeans and a snapback.