Chapter 5

The previous video up top is of a Chinese Cosplayer name Xiao Xiao Bai (I'm pretty sure) and he has been unconsciously with out his knowledge, chosen by me to be the Faen Xue! (Because I think he's pretty) He is also the wallpaper on my profile. The obsession runs deep. And the photo is of a bird that is in this chapter.
_____________________________

Morning light came through the glass bathing the two figure in the bed. The light has a soft gray tint to it, because in this part of the world, there is rarely any real sunlight. Yet just that amount of light was enough to wake one of the sleeping figure.

It was Faen Xue who woke up first, like he does most days. He lay still awhile in bed to cherish the warmth that emit from the little body next to him. Being in such cold places, and having cold blood running through his body, he has always have a craving for the warmth.

After a while, Faen Xue sigh and got up slowly, making sure not to disturb the sleeping boy. He tucked the child back in once he saw that Birger shiver as he left, and also planted a delicate kiss on the child's head before he headed into the joint bath chamber.

It was cold in there, not unusual. The pool of water that is connected to a natural water system was glittering quietly in the candle light. It made a simple, yet beautiful sight.

Faen Xue went over to the little bucket that was next to the wall. With the bucket he gather water from the little pool and brought it out to the burning embers of the fireplace. Lighting a match, Faen Xue stoked the fire until it burnt bright and hot. He then put the bucket of water over the fire to warm it for Birger when the child wakes up.

When he was sure that the water was warming up, and the room was warm and comfy, Faen Xue headed back to the bathing chamber to do his own business. The water was freezing cold when he stepped into it, but that did not affect Faen Xue much. To him, it just feels nice when the water conforms around him like a lover's hug. He wished that he could float like this for eternity. No worries, not fear, nothing. His mind is blissfully clear and quiet, it simply felt good, and he loved that about it.

But as good as it felt to float around, Faen Xue know that he cannot just do that all day. Birger would get worried and lonely by himself, so with a soft sigh Faen Xue finally got out of the water pool.

His long dark hair was dripping wet, and some strands were freezing over because of the fridge air. It felt heavy on his head, but he was always fond of his long hair and the thought of cutting it made him cringe.

His parents both had long hair. His mother hair was a deep wine color that reached to her waist, but his father's hair was ebony and would almost always reach the ground. He remembered his mother would tease his father because of that, and he would always huff and flip his hair making some strands delicately brush her face, and she would laugh at the ticklish feeling.

Faen Xue smiled as he brushed a hand through his hair. His hair was longer than his mother, but shorter than his father's. It was just the perfect length in between, and the dark shade of ebony, but with burgundy highlight. In true sunlight his hair would be a beautiful multidimensional color that gleam like no other.

But in Demithanor there was no sunlight, so his true hair color would always be hidden behind the clouds.

Finished with brushing the frozen ice out of his hair, Faen Xue let it hind loose and dawn on his white clothing and left the bath chamber. One sweep on the room brough knowledge that the heated water had been used and the child must have gone to get their food. With nothing else to do, Faen Xue went over to the many book shelf that lined his walls to search for something that would entertain his mind.

These books and stories were his only knowledge of the outside world. He couldn't help but feel that without them he would be stuck, young and naïve for the most part of his life. These books and stories were the window to his freedom, but they were also the longing of his heart.