Chapter five || the place between us and our hands

Life is purely pointless and every single problem we think we have is just a trick of our imagination. For example right now Luke is sitting right in front of me. Michael's beside me, Calum's beside Luke. 

I could easily  run away. I could spill my drink on the table, make a huge mess and simply act like it was an accident. I could start a scene, scream and shout and throw harsh insults at all of them or I could just get up and walk way, pretending they were complete strangers to me. 

I had some possibilities, I could act on so many different ways but I still choose to be myself. To be irrational, to stay quiet, to listen to them, not question just listen.Give them my presence but not myself. 

I guess that's what I am better at. Give people my presence but not myself, not my soul, not my thoughts or feelings neither my opinion. Just let them talk and let them get to their decisions. And then I react. Then I scream and shout. I throw insults and make the most messy mess you could ever see. Because that's me, that's who I am and how I behave. 

And that's why some similar situations have so many different ends. That's why some people die and others live. That's why some people keep their friends and others don't. That's why some like the summer and others like the winter. Why he likes coffee  and I like tea. 

It's all because we have different personalities, different life experiences, different ways of seeing things and different ways of behaving. It's pure nature.

This is not an awkward situation, it doesn't feel like it. I've known this guys almost my all life. I know some of their secrets, I've slept in their beds and sometimes I've even cleaned their tears.  We built our personalities together, what we have become it's a consequence of what we have lived together so this moment could never be awkward. 

It's just weird. 

- So Lua, my sister told me about Julliard, congrats! - Calum said, out of nowhere, forcing me to interact with them. Not that I hated it I just didn't want to. 

- Yeah it's great but I am not going, at least not for now. I haven't thought about it, I might be going or I might waste the lifetime opportunity I was given. 

- You have way too much talent to give it away Lua! C'mon you always loved playing, you can't give up! - Michael commented, with some shock on is features. The same shock that I could see on all of their faces. Like if they thought I was crazy. 

- Anyway how is the band things going? I know you will be leaving in one month, Mali told me.

- We are leaving in two months, that's why we came back, to seal some deals and stuff like that.

- Good, that's really good, I am really happy for you! You know what this calls? A dinner, at my place, tonight. I will ring Ashton on my way home. Calum you bring the drinks, Michael you bring the ice cream, and you Luke... I guess you can just bring yourself, if that doesn't bother you or anything. 

- Sounds like a plan to me, I'm in! Luke, Calum?

- We are all in. - Luke said in a low voice, kinda doubtful.

- Great, I am going to go then. See ya.

And with that I left. There was pure shock in their faces and I guess they were taken aback by my sudden invitation. I guess they probably think I am mad with them. I guess they think that I am slipping through their fingers. I can't guess what they thought or what they didn't think. 

Sometimes I wonder how this year would have been for me if I had actually went on that trip around Australia. Sometimes I even wonder if we would still be friends. Somehow I feel like something changed, something is missing, like if something that I don't know has happened.  They are different, they've grown up and I am not prepared for that. Or at least I wasn't expecting it.