Chapter seven || Say yes.

My mom was a ballerina and my dad was a musician/music maestro. 

My grandfather, Mason Smith, was the director of a super famous classic music company. So when my father, Steve Smith, told his parents that he wanted to follow the steps of the old and great Mason Smith, his father, he became the pride and joy of the family. I guess his brothers were never to pleased with this but they survived. My dad studied in the best music school in New York, learned how to play ten instruments and when he was twenty  he joined my grandfathers company. 

My great great great grandmother, Elizabeth Morgan, was the first prima ballerina of the family, the first of many. My grand mother, Marie, was one until an injury took her out of the spotlight so she opened a dance academy. So when my mom, Felicite, was accepted in Julliard no one was really to shocked about it. She was sixteen when all of this happened. 

They met in Julliard. My grandfather's company was going to be playing live on Julliard for the first time in ten years. My mom, being one of the honored students was invited to go backstage. That's how they met. My mom was twenty, my dad was twenty two.

Since they were both from New York it was easy to arrange time to be together. Soon they started dating and three years after their first kiss my dad got on one knee and my mom said yes under the light of time square. How romantic!

Three years after their marriage I was born. That was the end of my mother's glory days because someone had to stay home to take care of the small bundle of love they created. 

I guess that took it's tool on my mom, for what I've heard she changed a lot after giving birth to me. She didn't quite fit the being an housewife and taking care of the kids rule. 

So since my parents  both had their passions they started this little competition to see which passion I would have. If it would be dancing or playing instruments. 

When I was three I started my dance classes, I had them everyday and I was pretty much learning every single style of dance I could learn. When I was four I started my piano lessons, then my guitar lessons, then my singing lessons, then my violin lessons, then my clarinet lessons and last but not least my cello lessons. Believe it or not I can play all of those instruments. 

Then we moved to Australia when I was seven, almost eight. That was when my parents realized that I also had some brains. Because despite having almost all of my time filled with either dancing and music classes I was also the best kid in my class. That scared them a little bit, didn't want an engineer or doctor as their daughter. They wanted a prodigy. And the fact that I was doing good at school concerned them a little, but they eventually got over it. 

Growing up with parents that know a lot about the world where having a talent is not enough. Where you have to be the best, taught me something. It taught me that if you are extremely good in something people around you will act like sneaky little wolves. They will watch your every single move, to try and find your flaws and once you fail they will try and take your place. They will bit you and tell you that it is ok to fail, because everyone does. They will tell you to not take anything personal because we all want our five minutes of fame and you have been having more than just those five precious minutes. 

I was too young to understand why they were so obsessed with being the best so I never really understood why they always wanted me to be the best, mostly in everything. I learned this lesson the hard way. 

When I went to high school besides meeting the boys I met a girl called Cindy Reynolds. We met one day on our school library, I was alone and Cindy needed some company so she thought that joining the other lonely girl would be a good thing. And it was until Cindy became too obsessed with being better than me.