Zedrick's Condo (One Shot/Completed)

This work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, and incidents are either the products of the authors imagination or used in fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidential.

Do not transmit, publish, distrubute modify display or create derivative works from or exploit the contents of this story or in any way. Please obtain permission. Thank you :-D ♡♡

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  In the coolest breeze of the darkest night were the moon rose to its very summit, Zedrick was on the 17th floor of his condo unit. He was amazed by the lunar eclipse-the red, hot, burnt appearance of the celestial orb gave him a distant, yet unknown form of comfort. He was on the balcony, reminiscing the times were he had a family – one that would be busy wrapping gifts by now, waiting to surprise him. Then again, he was sure that his Mom and Dad would have been dead. After all, 219 years had passed since he became was, ‘’different’’.

                  On the other side of the city,Rose was also staring at the eclipse. In her eyes, everything had the boldest value, the brightest color and the most genuine worth. Everything for was perfect. Everything was more than enough. Everything that came her way seemed timeless. It was her optimism that made people think she was ‘’different’’.

December 11th (In School)

Zedrick’s POV

             Man, I had the most mind crashing headache! Not only that, I feel weak and useless. My bed had nothing to do with it; also, it wasn’t because of breakfast. It was because I failed last night. I wanted to forget everything  -  my problems, my pain, and my tragedies. I stood in the balcony staring in the pitch black horizon and with one deep breath, I jumped off with eyes closed, enjoying the dramatic course of my suicidal action. Eventually, I hit my head on a metal beam (hence the headache) and after 17 floors, I still managed to live. It sucks but the truth is, I failed to die and I’ve got drama class in 5 minutes. Man, I’m screwed!

Rose's POV

             I enjoy drama class a whole lot. It is where my heart belongs. Sometimes, I get to portray a queen, always prim, proper and ever eloquent. I also get to be cruel and evil stepmother, ready to torture Cinderella! (just kidding) Sigh, but one of the roles I look forward but frustrated to portray is the role of a princess. I have never been good during scenes of romance were the princess gets kissed or things like that. I get butterflies – I get giant butterflies in my stomach! Then again, my heart, I don’t need a costume or a crown to be a princess. I can be one in my own right. We are, after all, beautiful.

         ‘’Rose Watson and Zedrick Castell, you will be pairs for the exhibition night.’’  Said Madam Johnson. ‘’I bet you will make a good tandem.’’ The drama room was filled with deafening silence. Everyone stood shocked and dumbfounded – even Rose.

*************************************************************************************

Rose’s POV

               ZEDRICK – the name echoed in my head. The guy every girl In school dreamed of, signed in for drama class and was going to be paired with me – the nerd, the jinx, the whatnot. Look at what was happening to me. I was looking for thrills and what did I get? I’m TOAST!