Chapter 4: Yep, Still T.J.

“Hey Sunny,” said a guy with crazy coloured hair.

“Hi, Chocolate,” said Frank, “Where’s Book Worm?”

A boy with shortish brown hair with blonde streaks in it appeared. In his hands was a book on Mechanical Engineering.

“Hey Sunny,” the boy muttered and Frank smiled.

“Hasn’t changed much,” Chocolate said and Frank nodded.

The last time we had been at the diner was three months ago and we had only decided to go back. The whole place was a mess inside but the outside was fine. Obviously, these guys didn’t anything about being clean but hey, what can I say? We’re Killjoys; we are supposed to be untidy.

“Who’s this?” said Chocolate.

“This is my sister, T.J,” Oscar said and Chocolate nodded.

“Killjoy name’s Rainbow Chocolate. Birth name, Toby,” he shuddered and pointed at Book Worm. “That’s Jesse.”

Jesse looked up and smiled, dimples forming on his face.

“What’s your Killjoy name?” he said and I shrugged.

“Haven’t thought of one,” I replied and glanced around, smoke filling the air.

A loud bang came from the garage and we jumped.

“My bike?” Mikey said and ran to the garage.

I looked at Gerard and he shook his head. I looked at the other two and they stood behind Gerard.

“Where the hell is Korse?” Mikey shouted and I flinched.

Mikey stormed out of the garage, with a crowbar in his hand and a very scary look on his face.

“Mikey, he’s not worth it,” Gerard said and his little brother glared at him.

“That bike has been mine since dad died. How do you think I feel?” he snarled and Gerard shrank back. “That’s what I thought.”

“Mikey, that bike was going to get broken in a fight anyway,” Ray said and Mikey glared at him.

“Stay out of it Ray,” he said and turned around, glaring at Frank. “You as well.”

Now it was my turn to be mad.

“Mikey,” I shouted, planting my hands on my hips. “Seriously, grow up and forget about Korse. Yeah, that bike is special to you, but, hello, my dad wasn’t a mechanic and taught me all of those things for nothing. I could fix it.”

“She doesn’t look like that mechanical type,” muttered Toby.

Mikey was quiet but his fist tightened on the crowbar. I crossed my arms and stared at him.

“Whatever,” he said and walked out of the diner.

“I’ll go and calm him down,” Oscar said and ran after him.

“You are seriously going to fix that bike, aren’t you?” Gerard said and I took a deep breath.

“Yep,” I said and turned on my heels, heading to the garage. “Oh and Jesse?”

Jesse looked up from his book.

“Yes?” he whispered.

“Do you wanna help me fix the bike?” I asked and his face lit up.

“Yes, please,” he said and he followed me into the garage.

“Okay,” I said, wiping my grease darkened hands on my white school skirt and yes before you ask, my school uniform are the only clothes I have had for the past five months and they reek of sweat.