Chapter 5: Mikey (yay, different persons' point of veiw)

Chapter 5: (Mikey)

The second I felt her head against my shoulder, I sped up and moved beside the Trans AM. The visor of my helmet was up and I turned my head to see the window down.

“What happened?” Gerard shouted.

“She got hit,” I shouted back.

“Why that mongrel,” Gerard swore, using a very inappropriate word.

The car sped up and we exited Battery City, me following the Trans AM. The desert sand left a dust trail behind us and the car slowed down near a pile of rocks. I parked the bike next to it and T.J. moved her head slightly.

“I am so dizzy,” she mumbled and slumped over again.

“T.J?” I said but no answer.

Ray raced over and gently moved her from the bike. I jumped off and stomped away from the group, hand clenched into tight fists. I swear if I find that guy who shot her, I will murder him. A hand grabbed my shoulder and forcefully spun me around.

“Where are you going?” asked Book Worm and I lent against the rock wall.

“I just need to get my anger out,” I whispered and the little boy looked at me.

“I believe that she will make it through this,” he said and I stared at him.

“I love her, Jesse,” I said and he smiled.

“We all know that, Mikey,” he replied and I scratched the back of my head. “Come on. There is something I want to tell you.”

I frowned but followed the little guy. The others were getting further away and I had a bad feeling about following Jesse out in the open.

“Hey Jess, where are we going?” I called and looked up.

“Its not that much further,” Jesse replied but I couldn’t help but feel a little bit scared.

I felt my holster and sighed in relief. My bright red gun was still with me. I glanced up and froze, staring ahead. Jesse turned back around and smiled at me. My breathing started to come in as gasps as I looked from Jesse to the giant group of Dracs standing behind him.

“You seem surprised, Kobra,” Jesse snickered and I glared at him.

“You were working for them all along, weren’t you?” I shouted and Jesse nodded.

“I’m surprised Jet Star didn’t figure it out,” he said. “It’s a shame his daughter will never get to meet him.”

“What?” I asked and Jesse laughed.

“His adopted daughter,” he said and I glared at him.

“Seriously, T.J. never told you that her parents were killed by a group of Dracs?” he said and I shook my head. “Wow, she has a lot of explaining to do.”

I turned on my heel and ran as fast as I could. My hand began to burn but I kept on running. I eventually got back to the pile of rocks, out of breath and sweating. My brother looked up and stared.

“What happened?” he asked.

“We need…..to get out of here…….Jesse was working….for the Draculoids,” I panted and the others snapped into escape mode.

Frank said he would drive my bike, considering my hand wasn’t exactly useable at that point. Ray had a transmitter in his hands and he was talking to Dr Death Defying or Dr D. as he preferred. I glanced at my hand swallowed. There is no way I will be able to fire a ray gun for a while. T.J. moved slightly and then jerked, whimpering in pain.