Chapter 6: (T.J.)

A dusty old van rolled up and a girl with blonde hair and an arm covered a tattoo sleeve jumped out, aiming a black gun at us. Another girl, probably about ten jumped out and stood behind the blonde girl. She had black hair that fell to her waist and her hazel eyes shone brightly behind the sparkly mask that covered most of her face.

“Step away from Hazel Hacker,” hissed the blonde girl and Gerard’s eyes widened.

“Lyn-Z?” he said and the blonde girl, Lyn-Z, lowered her gun.

“G-Gerard?” she stumbled and the little girl glanced between the two of them.

“Who is that mummy?” she asked and Lyn-Z glanced at her daughter.

“That is your father, sweetie,” she said.

“No my daddy is Korse not this man,” the girl said and Gerard tensed up.

“WHAT?!” he screeched and Mikey held him back. “You gave that crazy asshole our daughter?”

“You didn’t want anything to do with her,” Lyn-Z said calmly and Gerard swore.

“Wait,” I said. “Who are you girls?”

“I’m Lyn-Z, a.k.a. Toxic Tattoo, Gerards’ ex,” she said and pointed to the girl behind her. “This is Bandit, Winter Wonderland.”

Three more girls jumped out of the van and stood beside Lyn-Z and Bandit.

“This is Jamia a.k.a. Desert Love, Cherry a.k.a. Sweetie Pie and Lilly a.k.a. Sweetie Cakes,” Lyn-z introduced, pointing to each girl.

“Hey Frank,” Jamia smiled softly.

“Hey J.J,” he replied and Jamia bit her lower lip.

“And you are?” Lyn-Z said.

“T.J,” I said and Lyn-Z glared at me.

“Korses’ daughter,” she snarled and I shook my head.

“Actually, I’m Ray’s daughter,” I said and glared back at Lyn-Z.

“Uncle Oscar,” laughed Cherry and Lilly ran up to my brother.

“Hey Lilly, Cherry,” Oscar smiled and hugged Lilly. “What are you girls doing out here anyway?”

“Trying to find Krista,” Jamia said and I glanced at Ray.

He stood up, taking Krista in his arms and dashed back inside. I stared out at the horizon and sighed.

“So,” I said, turning to Gerard, ‘what’s the plan?”

“What do you mean?” he asked.

“What do we do?” I said. “Do we wait until Korse attacks or do we attack him first?”

“We won’t be doing anything until Krista gets better,” he said and I nodded.

 “So,” Lyn-Z said. “T.J. what’s your Killjoy name?"

“Haven’t got one,” I replied and she face-palmed.

“You aren’t a real Killjoy unless you have a special name,” she said and I thought about it for a minute.

“I haven’t got a clue,” I said.

“Pick anything and make it special,” she said and I nodded.

“What about Static-heat?” I said.

“To short, it needs to be two words,” she said.

“What about Static-heat Summertime?” I replied and everybody nodded.