13- That's how I see you...

"Wait... You're telling me you took down three guys without ever being in a fight that you didn't run from?..." Ivy questions me in disbelief as we trot down the sidewalks of Los Angeles, Barrett leading the way from in front of us.

"Well... I guess you can say that..." I reply to her, realizing that what she said was totally true, "I almost lost the fight..."

I lift my left hand up to show them the handcuff that is stuck to my wrist, the other handcuff dangling open.

"Don't tell me you don't have a key..." Dean's deep voice rings in my right ear, and when he sees me shake my head as I turn to face him, he rolls his eyes, "Goodness..."

"Well..." I start, thinking about the government men, "Does anyone have money?"

Barrett raises his hand as if he is answering a question in class, and then turns to ask me, "Why?"

The image of Keaton pops into my mind, his need for my love glazing over his eyes, which I would never give to him.

How did he find us after we escaped them in the weapon shop?

"I think we need to buy some new clothes..." I explain, turning away from Dean's gorgeous blue eyes to face Barrett, "The government men must have a tracker on one of us... There is no possible way they can continue to find us over and over again... Right?"

"That would explain how we always encounter them." Ivy agrees, Barrett looking forward again so he doesn't run into anything.

"Well then, let's stop at a shop and buy some new outfits. When we are in there, I'll ask them if they can pick this lock." I decide, resting my arm by my side as Barrett nods from in front of us.

   After about maybe 15 or 20 minutes, Ivy points out an American Eagle store that has some cute outfits sitting in the window display. Of course, I make the decision for us by rushing over to the door and swinging it open.

   Dean grabs the door from me to hold it open, and I thank him. He grins at me, but I walk away from him to step up to the counter.

   The small store is filled from walls to racks of clothing, outfits, accessories, and shoes, along with mannequins, of course. Music that I haven't heard before hums quietly throughout the store, sounding like something Taylor Swift or Selena Gomez would sing. Barrett and Ivy already split up to search for clothing of their type, men's clothing on the right side and women's on the left. Dean politely follows me to the counter though, stepping up next to me when he catches up.

   The young woman behind the counter looks like she hates her job. She wears a annoyed expression, brown eyes almost hidden completely behind the thick black eyeliner and mascara she wears. Her black outfit corresponds with her makeup, but her black hair definitely looks dyed and unnatural. Her thin black eyebrows look fake, along with her hair, but I ignore the judge-mental part of my brain and smile at her.

   I set my left hand on the counter, and the clink of the metal against the hard surface causes the woman's head to jolt downwards. When she spots what made the racket, she looks back up at me with a quizzical look, "Umm..."

   "Is there any way you could help me get these off?" I hopefully plead to her, smiling slightly at her annoyed expression.

   "Seriously?" She groans with her deep and flat voice, "You guys should seriously keep the key where you know you can find it before you play with them."

   It takes a second for what she said to sink in, and my eyes widen to the fullest when I realize she is talking about me and Dean as if we are a couple that lost the key to a toy.