Chapter 12

I watched my father shift into wolf form. It was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. It was a day after my dad yelled at Kellen and I, and trust me not much happened after we got yelled at. Well he kind of explained things to me then we kissed. And kissed. And kissed.

Well anyway this morning my dad woke me up telling me it was time to see an actual meeting. And I was like what kind of meeting? And he said get up and you will see. So here I am ten minutes later standing in my jamies watching my father shift into wolf form.

All of a sudden he howled. Like an earsplitting howl. Not more than two minutes later at least a hundred wolves were standing around my father and I. I didn’t know what to do. Do I run? Do I stay still? Then my father barked and in the blink of an eye they all changed back to human form.

And before me stood a hundred nude people. All different shapes and sizes if you know what I mean. But I quickly covered my eyes with my hands. That picture will be burned into my mind forever.

"Bridgit I have people you need to meet." my dad said. I slowly turned around making sure my eyes were at head level. And they were all dressed. How they did that I will never know. The crowd of people looked at me with curious eyes. I looked back with a neutral face my gut twisting. These people can seriously hurt me. What if I did something wrong?

"So Bridgit I need you to meet the council." my father said gesturing to four other people. There was a woman with eyes the color of gold, there was a really old man, a younger man, and another old man. The woman stepped forward.

"Hello my name is Ava." she said. Her voice kind. I smiled and nodded because she obviously knew who I was. Then the really old man raised a shaking hand out to me.

"Hello child. I’m Calvin." I grasped his hand and smiled. The younger man is named Dean and the other old man is named Theodore.

"So Bridgit when the time comes and you shift you will have the chance to become the alpha or the beta or the omega." my father said to me. That was a little overwhelming. Of all the books I have read about werewolves the alpha was first in command, then the beta is the second, and omega is third.

And I had the chance to be one of them. Then all of a sudden everyone stopped talking and looked right at me. A sickening crack came from my back. My spine twisted and I fell to the ground. I screeched in pain and my father and the council came to stand by my side.

"She’s changing." Ava whispered.

"But she’s not even eighteen yet!" my dad yelled in a panic. My body contorted and the blackness took me.