Chapter 16

I woke up the next morning to the sound of splashing and kids squealing. I sat up and rubbed my eyes and realised where I was. I was with Kellen next to the lake. I looked around and the fire was still smoldering and Kellen was on his side facing it- snoring. I smiled and leaned over and kissed his neck.

He stirred and rolled over. He looked up at me and smiled. "Good morning beautiful."

"Good morning. I didn't even realize we have been out all night." I said with a smile. And then it dawned on me. My dad and Claire will be looking for me. Oh well to late to go home anyway.

"I guess we both fell asleep. So what do you want to do today?" He asked. And in response my stomach growled. "Well we should eat then." He said with a smile and helped me up.

"Where are we going to go? You mom thinks I'm a monster." I told him.

"I doubt she will be home. She will be out shopping and doing other girl stuff." He said smiling. I smiled and he led me to his home.

Just like the day before people pulled their kids in and gave me nasty looks. I hung my head in shame and fast walked to Kellen's house. He kept giving me weird looks the whole walk but didn't say anything until we got to his house. We stepped in the door and he looked at me with a confused look.

"Whats going on?" he asked.

"People think I'm a monster because I came into my change early. Not only that but it was an unusual change." I said trying hard not to meet his eyes. Everything was quiet for a few seconds. I didn't look at him. I didn't want to see the look in his eyes. He then lifted my chin so I could look at hm in the eyes.

"It doesn't matter to me. Your perfect and it doesn't matter what everyone else says." he smiled which made me smile. He let go of my face and grabbed my hand while we walked back to his house. I held my head proud while everyone went back inside to be away from me. I smiled and even waved at some. This should show them thatIi am not afraid of them and how they shun me. Things will be different now. Things will change.