Chapter 14

I turned around and walked back home. My shoulders slumped and my heart broken. If there’s one thing that you can’t fight is angry moms. And Natasha looks like one you don’t want to mess with.

"Hey!" someone yelled behind me. I looked behind me and saw a guy about my age running up to me.

"Yes?" I asked politely.

"Why didn’t go to see Kellen?" the guy asked.

"Um who are you? And his mom won’t let me see him." I said bitterly.

"Well I am Luke. Kellens best friend." he said stopping next to me.

"Oh well it’s nice to meet you I guess." I looked up at him and started walking again. Why is his best friend talking to me? Wasn’t I labeled a freak?

"So I heard about your changing..." he began.

"Oh yeah? Apparently everyone else has to! That’s why I can’t go and see Kellen and when I walked to his house people were pulling their kids inside because I was there." I told him letting the hurt seep into my voice.

"Yeah I know. People are spreading shit about you that you won’t believe. And I know a way you can see Kellen." he said. People are spreading rumors about me? They don’t even know me! Wait... did he say I can see Kellen?

"How? And will Natasha know?" I asked him.

"Meet me at the lake just past Kellen house at midnight. And Natasha won’t know a thing." he said with a wink. The thought of seeing Kellen again after my heart got crushed made the sun shine just a little bit brighter. The feeling of being away from him hurt. Mentally and physically. So seeing him again sounds beautiful.

"Well Luke you bet I will meet you there. And thank you." I said and walked into my house.