Chapter 10~Apologies

I started to ramble in Gungan, a string of jumbled words escaped my mouth

I started to ramble in Gungan, a string of jumbled words escaped my mouth. The fact that I actually hit a Jedi master is unnerving. I do not know what has gotten in to me, I slapped him, I can't believe I slapped Obi-Wan, a Jedi Master!

I crossed my bare arms, I have not changed out of my destroyed gown. There was nothing else for me to wear anyways.

"Padawan Amidala" Grand Master Yoda waddled up to me, probably wanting to talk about the Obi-Wan incident.

"Yes master?" I answered hesitantly.

"Lateia, your performance, unnerving it was" Yoda leaned on his staff.

I acted accordingly given the circumstance.

Are you afraid child?" The passing Jedi glanced in my direction. A mix of curiosity and shock present on their faces.

I pursued my lips and glanced around the room. I sighed not really knowing how to respond.

"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering hm?" Yoda looked up at me with his wise eyes. "Apologize to master Kenobi you must" Yoda swiftly turned around and went on his way.

I narrowed my eyes. Kenobi does not deserve an apology, he kept me from my home, my planet, my responsibility! For that, he should be the one apologizing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Kenobi!" I called out towards the figure sitting by the fountain. I trotted down the steps, my gown trailing behind me. I took a seat beside Obi-Wan, taking a glance at the glistening waters.

"I'm" I paused at the awkwardness of the situation. "I'm sorry" I finally said it. I knew it was wrong of me to slap him, it was in no way a monarch should act.

I heard Obi-Wan sigh. "It is okay" he put a reassuring hand on my shoulder. Causing me to flinch.

"Look, I should not have acted the way I did, I should have controlled the situation better" I took a breath. "But this planet your keeping me from, is my home, your keeping me from my subjects and I-" I could not keep talking or I knew I would cry. I felt vulnerable and weak, but I never cried, ever. I would awkward wash the pain away, because my planet comes first.

But now I felt the stress that I had been avoiding for years, come out all at once.

Obi-Wan sighed. "Lateia, I should be the one apologizing" He scooted closer to me. "I objectified you from going home to your subjects. I forget your a Queen you know, and not just a Padawan"

I tried to smile, but a large amount of pain started to erupt in my head. It felt like tiny little people hammering my brain. I gasped rather loudly as the pain grew stronger and stronger until I could no longer see. Or breath for that matter"

But this time, there was no vision. Only the darkness, beckoning me. I could hear the distant cries of Obi-Wan, they were so distant. I can't wake up. I can't wake up! I panicked. I felt the air being sucked out of me, I thrashed, trying to breath.I suddenly felt myself fall, hopefully not into the fountain.

"Your time will come, Queen Amidala. Your time will come"

Jeez that was a horrible chapter wasn't it. I am so sorry! I feel like the next chapter will begin the events of the Revenge of the Sith, so I can actually follow a story line. Haha.

Until next time!