Truth Be Told...

Alright here is the next part! I'll probably be posting the nest chapter later tonight since im very bored and have nothing else to do lol xD I hope you guys like and tell me what you think in the comments and constructive cristicism would be very much appreciated :) Enjoy!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 2

      Nothing seemed to make sense anymore. I didn’t feel anything. It felt as though my soul had been ripped out. I held back my tears to at least appear strong when, deep down, I was sobbing. I couldn’t face the fact that after a week the police were already declaring August dead. How could they? Did they think they could find someone in a week? I had my heart set on finding him, no matter how much my family and even August’s family disliked it. They kept saying and repeating the same old things. It dangerous. You’ll get yourself killed! I swear I even heard August’s dad say its not worth it. His own son not worth it? I almost leaped out of my hospital bed at that comment! His family rarely visited me in the hospital but I probably reminded them to much of their ‘deceased’ song. His family was grieving while mine was silent with the whole matter, other than the occasional argument when I brought up how I was going looking for him right after I got out of the hospital. Everywhere I looked I saw the story of the kidnapping and supposed ‘murder’. It was all over the news and newspaper and Augusts face was hung on every corner and in every window.

        After 3 days of being in that drab hospital, constantly hearing the ‘I’m Sorries’, I was finally let out and free! My wrist was still recovering and my head was doing surprisingly well, but I honestly could care less about my own health knowing August was being tortured somewhere. I shuddered at the thought.

      After packing up the few things that my parents had brought to me over the couple days I was ready to leave this place and quite frankly never look back. Walking down the hallway carrying my small bag, my phone vibrated in my pocket. Probably just another text from my friends asking when I was coming home. At least that’s what I thought. The text was sent from a restricted number, and since I was curious I clicked ‘open’ and the text appeared on the screen.

    ‘Come on girly, you can do better, August is still alive but that means nothing. You won’t be finding him and I would hate to kill a pretty young thing like yourself. You can try girly, but you won’t win’

   I read the text over and over. I knew it! I knew he was alive. That’s when the panic set in. He was alive with those bastards! They could be hurting him, no they probably were hurting him. Tears blurred my vision as I came to a stop in the middle of the hallway. Should I tell the police? Should I tell his parents? Should I even tell my parents? All these thoughts raced through my mind before I came to a decision. No. I couldn’t. No one believed me when I tried to convince them he was alive, why would they believe me now? They probably would think I wrote the damn text myself. I clutched my phone before shoving it deep in my pocket and my tears quickly changed to angry, hate filled ones. I stomped the rest of the way down the hallway before repeatedly hitting the elevator button before it finally dinged and opened. Who were these people and why did they even want him? I remembered that night. He wouldn’t tell them something, but the question was what? I sighed, wiping away the rest of my tears. Plus what could I do as a 16 year old girl? I knew I had to at least try to stay optimistic about this but the only thing I could do  is hope. Hope and pray that my August would be okay.

 The elevator finally came to a slow stop and I walked out. As I was almost out the glass doors of the hospital I heard loud, quick footsteps behind me.

“Bridget wait!” I spun around to see Brian jogging towards me. I waited for him to catch up before continuing towards my car that my parents dropped off somewhere, since they both had to go to some meeting for their work.