It's a Great Day for Man Candy

Bright and early the next morning, Mrs. Weasley shakes Ginny, Hermione, and I awake. "Time to get up, dearies!"

Ginny and I exchange a look. It's time for the World Cup. I jump out of bed and and start getting ready. It's around dawn, which is early, even for me. Hermione and Ginny get up slower and rub their eyes.

I dress in a Muggle pair of leggings, my Team Ireland t-shirt, and combat boots. Downstairs, Molly has leftover potatoes warming up for breakfast. Mr. Weasley, who is obsessed with Muggles, is wearing an ugly maroon sweater and a baggy pair of jeans. Harry, Ron, and the twins are already down here. Bill, Charlie, and Percy can apparate, so they'll be leaving a little later.

"You have to pass a test to Apparate?" Harry asks.

Mr. Weasley nods. "Oh yes. The Department of Magical Transportation had to fine a couple of people the other day for Apparating without a license. It's not easy, Apparition, and when it's not done property it can lead to nasty complications. This pair I'm talking about went and splinched themselves."

I shudder. I'll take the test next year, and I'm worried I'll splinch.

"Er - splinched?" Harry asks.

"They left half of themselves behind." Mr. Weasley explains. "So, of course, they were stuck. Couldn't move either way. Had to wait for the Accidental Magic Reversal Squad to sort them out. Meant a fair old bit of paperwork, I can tell you, what with the Muggles who spotted the body parts they'd left behind....."

I get up to grab my bags, and set my empty plate in the Weasley's sink. Upstairs, you can hear Percy's quill scribbling, and Bill snoring like a pig. In Ginny's room, I approach the crib meant for Cyrus. There's a see-through roof with little holes on top so he can't fly anywhere in the night. I take that off, and grab the little bugger.

"You're coming to the Cup with me." I say. "Just don't get lost." I put Cyrus on my shoulder, and give him a small piece of potato to nibble on.

In my pack, I put some water for Cyrus and I, and some extra potatoes for our snack. When I come down, Mrs. Weasley is red-faced and shouting the Summoning Spell. To my surprise, all the Tongue Toffee's are flying out of the twins' clothes. I have some packed too, because all three of us planned to bring them.

"We spent six months developing those!" Fred exclaims as Mrs. Weasley throws them in the trash.

"Oh a fine way to spend six months!" She shouts. "No wonder you didn't get more O.W.L.s!"

Ouch, that crossed a line. Last year, the twins and I got as many OWLs as we wanted to. The twins' three older brothers had gotten at least six OWLS. Fred and George got three.

Mr. Weasley stands up abruptly and checks his watch. "Well, looks as though we'd best get going." He turns to his wife and kisses her. "I'll see you later, darling."

Mrs. Weasley takes a deep breath to compose herself. I take that chance to lead the twins out before they can say anything bad to their mother.

"Well, have a lovely time." She says. "and behave yourselves!" She calls after us three.

Fred looks at George and I. "Honestly, the nerve! Insulting our OWLs! Had we cared about OWLs, we could've pulled eight to Charlie's six."

I pat his arm and just let him and his brother rant. We climb all the way up the hill before they realize how far we've walked. Mrs. Weasley is putting a lot of pressure on them to be like their brothers, which makes me glad I have no siblings.