Take Your STDs and Get the Hell Away

Apparently Ella was not the first student to want to go to the feast early. The hallways are filled with students going to the Great Hall, and we are some of the last students to enter the Great Hall.

The Goblet of Fire now sits in front of the staff table. My stomach churns, and I realize that the odds are not in my favor. Sure, Nick does have a high possibility of being chosen, but Angelina and Cedric? The probability of one of them being chosen is much higher.

Angelina is quiet, which is a strange feat. As we walk down the length of the Gryffindor table, people are wishing her luck. She's more popular than I realized. I'm blushing when I remember that she could fit in with any friend group in the school, but she chooses to hang out with me.

We sit down by Alicia, who is luckily far away from Fred, George, and Lee. Angelina and I sit on one side of the table, while Ella and Alicia are seated across from us.

The plates are filled with food, and I can't bring myself to eat. Angelina is not eating either. Around us, other people have the same idea. Maybe they think that if they don't eat, we will be able to see who the champions are quicker.

Dumbledore is eating slowly, which is annoying, because he never starts speaking until he is finished eating.

Ella tries to start conversations in between bites of her ham sandwich. She loves ham, almost as much as she loves photography. Maybe that's why Angelina and her didn't get along in fifth year. Angelina is a turkey person.

"Obviously the Durmstrang champion has to be Viktor Krum." She says. "I mean, really, there's no other options."

I glance over at the Durmstrang students, who are eating at the Slytherin table. There seem to be plenty of other options.

"And it's a close second between you and Cedric, Angelina. I'm not sure which of you will be picked. Kylie and I did an activity in Divination for reading the future with Tarot Cards. I seemed to think that Angelina would be chosen, but Kylie said it would be Cedric. We're the most gifted Divination students in sixth year, so it has to be one of you two." Ella babbles. She's almost done with her food, and I wonder how much she'll talk after she doesn't have food in her mouth.

Angelina nods, eyebrow raised. "Thanks for the vote of confidence."

Ella smiles at her warmly. "Of course. You're going to win, aren't you?" She doesn't wait for an answer. "As for Beauxbatons, I've no idea who will be the champion. Some think that Fleur Delacour could be picked, but that might be due to her Veela charm. Personally, I can see Isabelle Laurent or Thierry Dubois being great champions, but who knows? Nick Banks, he's not French at all. He's got a British accent like us, but he used to be homeschooled before going to Beauxbatons. I think he's the kind of underdog that Beauxbatons needs."

Kylie leans in from a few seats away from Ella. She's sitting with a couple of seventh year Gryffindor girls. "It'll be Fleur." She says mysteriously, leaning out.

"Did you learn that from the Tarot cards?" Ella calls. "Why didn't you tell me?"

Kylie doesn't hear her, which is spectacular, since Ella is exceptionally loud. Her and Angelina are very similar in that sense.

Ella rolls her eyes and turns back to us. "So that's my predictions." She says, smiling widely. Ella's attention is drawn to Dumbledore, who is standing up.