Chapter 6: Interogation

Are we shipping Talen and Kenna???

Talen held open one of the double doors, leading into the mansion, for me.

I step in and awe at the diamond chandelier hanging over a flight of stairs circling to a second floor. The floor was a light brown marble. Torches lined the cobblestone walls.

I miss electricity!

He guides me through an opened wall to a kitchen. White marble counters surround a black stove, over the stove a microwave. An island rests in the middle of the tiled floor.

"Why do you keep a stove and microwave when you can't use them?" I ask Talen.

He pulls open the stove's door, exposing a loaf of bread sitting on metal pan. "They make great cupboards!"

I chuckle. He giggles a bit with me.

He walks to an oak table and pulls out a chair. Gesturing to it, I walk over to the chair and sit down.

Without effort he is able to push the chair towards the table.

He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a small key.

He holds his other hand out and I place my left hand in his. His fingers fall over mine. Sending tingle through my body.

No one has ever held my hand.

Talen wiggles the key in the hand cuffs and it unlocks. He repeats with my other hand.

He sets the hand cuffs on the table with the key and sits across from me.

I could hand cuff him to the chair...

We both look at each other for a few minutes. Sitting in silence.

He sighs. "You never asked my name."

"What?" I know his name.

"When I asked your name, you didn't ask mine." I can see he looks slightly hurt.

"Your General said your name when you had a knife at my throat." I sort-of spit the last part him.

I don't forgive people that fast for stuff like that.

"Oh." He looks down. "Kenna.."

I love the way he says my name.

"..I assume your wondering why your here."

"Besides that you want an even bigger army..."

"Yes. And we want to rebuild society."

"It seems you have." Under my breathe i say, "and kidnapping people isn't a great way to do it."

He runs his hand though his hair. Obviously hearing me.

I bet his hairs soft.

"Since we lost all form of electricity, it's practically back to mid evil times."

Practically, it is! With guns!

I let him continue and bite my tongue. "We want to have a democracy again." He scratches the back of his neck.

Well, spit it out!

"And the problem is..." He's starting to annoy me.

"I have the army, and the supplies, the structures..."

"I'm not seeing the problem here, Talen." It felt weird to say his name out loud.

"Yea...the people..."

I can't take it anymore. "The people what!"

"They have their King now they want a Queen."

Im shocked.

"They want a democracy, but they want a King and Queen."

Can he hear how wrong that is.

"History repeats itself. And the world just got pushed back a time period, we can fix their mistakes now!"

Is he honestly excited about this?!

"We need two leaders. Like always, a man and women.  I want you by my side in this new world."