Chapter 10: kissed

I dont know if I like this chapter...

"We can't sneak around with all of them." Jake was right, but I wasn't about to leave them.

"What if.. I distracted Talen?"

"What do you mean?"

He showed interest I me. "I'll get him out of the room. "

"How?" He asked.

Was that worry in his voice?

"Doesn't matter. Just get everyone out."

"What if you get left behind? What will you when he doesn't let you go a second time?"

"Jake." I whisper. "Sacrificing one to save many."

He stares at me. "Under the bed, theres a hole. There's a ladder that you will have to climb down. After that, just follow the wall."

Sounds easy enough, but how will I get be able to crawl under his bed without being followed.

"Where is his room?"

"At the top of the these stairs, straight down three doors. Turn, it's at the end if the hall."

Taking a deep breathe, "I'll see you later then." I knew I probably wouldn't though. "Wait three minutes after I leave."

"I can handle any guards."

His thumbs touches my cheek. Then his lips meet mine. His eyes close and he places a soft kiss on my lips.

The crowd awes quietly, I think I heard a few moans.

Suddenly, I found myself kissing him back.

After two seconds I pull back. Unconsciously smiling at him.

Before I let him hold me back I sprint up the steps.

Going straight, I count three doors. Approaching the corner I stop and peek over the corner. I see Talen enter a room to the right.

That's not the room.

Talen disappears inside and a guard stands watch at the door.

I need to get him away from that door!

I reach into my pocket. With no luck in my right one I fish through my left pocket. My fingers grab something hard. A rock.

Perfect.

I slam the stone on the floor just before the corner.

Hearing footsteps, I see the guard bending down to investigate the rock.

Seeing my chance, I grab his head and kick my knee into his face.

He falls over unconscious. I reach down and pull his gun out of his pocket and also find a knife. I store the knife in my pocket. Then walk around the corner.

Holding the gun in my right hand I open door Talen went in with my left.

I shut the door behind me. Taking a deep breath I hold up the gun.

Talen spins in a chair, facing me. He sits at a desk, putting thumb tacks on a map.

This must be his office.

"Kenna?!" His face full of shock.

"Talen." I hold him at gunpoint. "Put your hands in the air."

He obeys.

"I knew you were special." He smiles.

"Shut up."

Once you drop you guard he will ponce.

"If you drop the gun now, and take my offer, I won't have you beheaded."

"It looks to me that your the one who should taking up my offer and shut up! Your the one with a gun pointing at you head."

I hear faint footsteps outside.

They're getting away!

"Kenna." He looks at me in disappointment.

Click.

"Drop the gun."

General.

I let the gun slide through my fingers and fall to the floor.

"How about that offer?" Talen smiles at me.