Chapter 5: Almost Kissed

General above^_^

Shorter or longer chapters?

Talen leads me back to the other soldiers and horses.

Most of the soldiers were on foot dragging the men from my camp with them. Some were sitting on horses.

"Go get a spare horse." Talen ordered. A solider disappears at his command. He brings  back a black horse and a white one.

I looked around and noticed all the horses were black. Before I know it hands wrap around my waist.

Startled I look down to see talen's muscular arms.

My feet leave the ground and he sets me on the white horse's saddle. My, still, cuffed hands resting on the saddles handle. He grabs my  horses reins and ties it to a his blacks horse's saddle.

Talen then helps General onto a horse before getting on his horse.

I could easily just jump off.  I look behind me at all the soldiers.But theres hundreds of people here. I know I'm good at fighting, but I can't take down a hole army. I'm realistic.

"Back to Vanity!" Talen shouts before kicking his horse in the side. As his horse starts trotting, mine is pulled along side.

Vanity. What a scary name.

"Sir, yes, sir!" The army behind starts marching in unison.

The heck? My brain tries to process. He isn't the General, I know that. What is he to them? I ponder at this for an hour until we a large wall comes into my view.

A giant concrete wall stretches out, to the left and right, further than my eye can see.

"What are you a King and this is your castle?" I question.

He laughs. "This is just our camp."

It was no camp.

We went through a entrance to enter a town of wood houses.

And I thought he had an army. This guy had enough soldiers to take over three countries!

Soldiers walked around camp. To my right was a huge barn with horses being walked in and out. To my left I was a black smith banging a hammer on a sword.

Talen laughs. I look at him and realize my mouth had dropped open.

His laugh is so cute. Wait! Kenna no!

"Woah!" His horse stops, stopping mine. Some soldiers come out if the wooden houses. He swings his feet to one side of the saddle and slides off.

Standing beside my horse he opens his hands toward me.

Considering the worst that could happen, I hesitate.

He raises his eyebrows. Almost in annoyance but not quite.

I pull my leg over so both legs are on the same side. I push myself of the horse with my elbows, into Talen's arms.

He catchs me. Wrapping his arms around me.

"What's your name." His face only inches from mine.

I stare into his beautiful chocolate eyes. "Kenna."

His eyes aren't looking at mine. They're staring at my lips. I swallow, almost embarrassed.

He leans his head down, still watching my lips. Realizing what he was about to do I pull away.

His warm arms unwrap from my body. He grabs my cuffed hands and pulls me down a stone path leading to a cobblestone mansion. Rather quickly.

Why did I pull away? I moan to myself.