f o u r

It had been a few days since the event between Cameron and I. It's not that I was holding a grudge against him, he just seemed to have lost interest in me. We had not spoken, or tried contacting each other since the incident. I really kinda liked Cameron, but  I couldn't risk losing my mother. I had still not told Kylie about Cameron nor my mother. I decided it was best that she didn't find out, that Cameron and I had, had feelings for each other.

I had also decided to return back home. I thought that maybe going home, even though I would face my mother, would ease my mind. As much as I hated being at home, allowing myself to be in a familiar surrounding, was somewhat comforting.

"MAKENZIE ANNE", I heard my mother growl, as I stepped inside the door. I had hoped if I closed it quietly enough she wouldn't have noticed.

"Yes?" I called out.

"Why hasn't anything around this house been done?" She asked sternly.

Her eyes hardened onto me, and if looks could kill, I'd be in a boiling pot cooked alive at the moment. I could feel the tension thicken by the second. I glanced up at her to see if her eyes were still fixed on me, in which they were.

"I'll do it, right now", I promised.

"No, I'll show you what I'm going to do right now." She said gritting her teeth.

She pulled her arm back, and slapped me straight across the face, before shoving me to the ground. I curled up on the floor holding my face, feeling the sting.

She kicked me dead in my stomach, causing me to lose my breath. Her strong force made me grab my stomach now, gasping for air. After kicking me, as many times, and as hard as she wanted to her hearts content, she spoke up.

"Now do your chores." She said coldly.

I stayed still for a moment, trying to regain all of what dignity I had left in me. The love that I had once had for my mother was now gone, and the only thought in my mind, was for her to go to hell.

I loved my mother. Loved. As in, past tensed. I had loved her, but now deep inside of me the only feeling I could push towards her was hate. I pulled myself to my room, and quickly searched for my phone to call Gina with.

"Gina", I said distressed. I could barely talk, and I struggled to catch my breath still.

"Honey, what's wrong?" She asked.

"Do you.. Do you remember where I live?" I questioned her, hoping that she would. It had been years since shed been to my house, but I prayed that she would confidently remember the way.

"Yes dear, I believe so." She said politely.

"Gina, could you, could you please come get me?" I managed to say.

"Yes dear, I'll be right over." She said hanging up.

I laid my phone down on my bed, and began packing everything I had. I was going to walk out of the house with everything I owned, and I refused to look back.

As soon as I had finished packing all of my things, my phone began to ring. It was Gina. I quickly answered it, and she informed me that she was outside waiting.
I managed to make it to the front door, struggling with everything I had. My ribs hurt terribly, and I was pretty sure I was going to vomit pretty soon. I stepped outside of the front door to see Gina rushing over to me.