t h i r t y - s i x

"Your hell?" Cameron asked, contorting his face. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Cameron! You date me, then we break up, and you seem okay, and then you want to come running back after you get a girl pregnant! It doesn't work like that! I'm not your go to every time you screw up in life!" I threw my hands in the air, and sighed. He just couldn't grasp what I was hinting at.
He moved away from the door and inched his way closer to me. I turned my body towards the window staring out.

"I know. I know." His voice was low, and by now he was close enough to me, that I could feel his warm breath breathing down my neck.
He was too close for me to escape now, and butterflies crowded my stomach.

"I just.. Love you.. So much." His words felt like fiery air spreading from my ear and down my body. He leaned his head in, and placed a soft kiss on my neck. I tilted my head just enough to allow him to, I felt I had no other choice.

"Cam." I said softly. He wrapped his arms around me, picking his lips up slowly, and planting another small, sweet kiss onto my neck, inching downward with each one.

"Kiss me." He breathed his head inching downward. I wanted to clench up, but he refused to let me. To be honest, it felt good. So good.

"I can't." I suddenly remembered I was with Alex. "I can't." His grip tightened causing me to fall victim to him once again.

His right hand slid down to my waist. His left hand found its way towards the side of my face, turning it towards him. My eyes were now looking straight into his, and all I could see was complete innocence. Something I was never able to see before.

"Just.. Kiss me." He repeated, leaning in. His soft lips landed onto mine. At first it was a light peck. He picked his head up to see my eyes once more, before kissing me again. This time his tongue begged for entrance, and after a few attempts I allowed. He slipped his hands to the hem of my shirt never breaking the kiss, so I reached for his. He pushed me into the bed, hovering over me. His right hand now lay tangled in my hair, and his left struggling to unbutton my pants.

"Stop Cameron. Stop." I said through the kiss. His lips gently pulled away, leaving the taste of him on my lips.

"He doesn't have to know Mack." His breathing had been heavy, and I could tell he was trying to slow it down. I was slightly aggravated at the fact that he wanted this, and didn't want his brother to know.

But even more so I was disappointed in myself.
"No Cameron. I can't do this. I love Alex. You love Meredith. So stop." I reached my hand out searching for my shirt.
He grabbed my hand right before I could reach my t-shirt. Cameron pulled my fingers to his lips, placing a small kiss on them, playfully sucking lightly on them. I pulled my hand away.

"Cameron. Stop." My time changed this time, and he could tell I'd had enough. I was disgusted with myself. I loved Alex, so what was I doing?

Cameron stood up and threw his t-shirt back on. He ran his hands through his hair, attempting to fix it.

"I'm sorry Mack." He said turning to face me. This time he apologized from across the room, and not down my neck.

"No you're not Cameron. And now look what you've done to me. Look what I've done." I felt like the guilt would eat me alive, and I hadn't even taken my pants off for him.

"I didn't impregnate you too, chill." He chuckled. I didn't find his sense of humor funny at all.

"Real funny. Don't talk to me Cameron. And stay away from me." I retorted. His expression changed almost instantly.

"Mack no, I want to talk to you." He said trying to change my mind. But my mind wasn't changing, at least not right now. I unlocked my door, and walked out. I could hear his footsteps not far behind me as I stepped into the room with Meredith and Alex.

"Are you guys okay now?" Alex asked innocently. He sadly didn't know of the event that had just taken place in my room, and although it hasn't been full sex, it was still a heated make out session that I wasn't proud of.

"Yeah we're fine." I said giving him a fake smile. Cameron stood beside me.
"Isn't that right?"

It took him a moment to catch on before catching my drift. He cleared his throat. "Yeah, that's right."

Alex slapped him on the back and smiled. "Good."
Cameron gave Alex another fake smile, before returning to his spot on the couch near Meredith. I sat in Alex's lap, in a chair across from the couch. I didn't want to be near Cameron at the moment. I honestly didn't trust myself.

Alex and I turned a movie on Netflix, on my laptop. Meredith was playing on her phone, and Cameron was staring blankly in deep though. Alex fell asleep, and soon only Cameron and I remained knowingly awake.

"Mer, you can sleep in my old bed, in my old room if you'd like." Cameron said turning his attention away from me. He stood up, and helped Meredith to her feet, walking her down to his room. After a few moments he returned and say back on the couch.

"She's really not that bad once you get to know her." Cameron said hoping to get a response out of me. "She's sweet. She's kind. She had a good heart. She's just protective over me Mack."

His whispers rolled into one of my ears and out the other. I managed to block him out and keep my attention on the movie that played on my laptops screen.

"She's going to be a good mom Mack." He tried one last time.

With that attempt, I placed my headphones into my ears and blasted my movie. Cameron rolled his eyes and laid down on the couch, and was soon fast asleep.