F o r t y - s i x

"Mack." I heard, as I felt a tough hand vigorously shaking my shoulder. Startled, I jumped up, struggling to catch my breath. My heart slowed when I realized it was only Cameron.

"Hey it's okay.. It's just me." He said in a hushed tone. I kept asking myself why he was whispering when it was only us two in the whole house. "Look.. I'm sorry about early. I was being a jerk, and I didn't realize what I was saying."

His brown eyes gave me the clue that he had been crying. I lunged forward, and wrapped my arms around his neck. I probably shouldn't have forgiven him so easy, but I needed someone. I needed him.

We relaxed into Alex's bed. I assumed he missed him too, as I watched his eyes wander around the empty room.

"It always did feel more homie with Alex here." He said softly into my hair. I nodded. I was afraid that if I spoke tears would choke me up.

"He told me he was seeing someone Cameron.. That's why he hasn't called.." I managed to say. I turned my head and glanced up at him to see his facial expression. It remained the same. He raised his eyebrows,"good for him. Maybe you should just give him a chance.. He went from being totally in love with you to trying someone new. Remember that."

Cameron was right. I shouldn't have been so angry with him. Getting a girlfriend, had been a hard task for him these past few years, or so that's what he had told me.

The next day, I called Alex and invited him over for lunch with Sierra, Brent, Cameron, and I. I also told him to invited his friend. We all sat down, and before we ate I thanked everyone for coming, and I began to speak.

"I'm not gonna make this long because I know you're all hungry." We all began to chuckle, and as it quieted down, I resumed. "But I just want to say I'm thankful for each and everyone of you. These past few years have been a roller coaster ride, and I wouldn't have wanted to experience it with anyone else. I love you all."

Everyone smiled and then quickly began to eat. What a crazy couple of years it had been. Things had changed so much. Cameron had changed so much. He was no longer a delinquent who couldn't stay out of trouble. He was happy. Not a decent happy, and good happy. He enjoyed life more, and put everything he had into it, and I loved that about him. I remembered back to the night when I helped him with his broken window. I would've never dreamt of being here at this table with him, watching him laugh and smile as if nothing wrong had ever gone on in his life.

But most of all, I had changed. I think when most people think of change they see the downside. As for me, change was good. Change was unbelievably good to me, even if it meant having to be kidnapped by twins, even if it meant having to be in a love triangle, or dealing with a crazy mother. It had all been worth it. And now as I looked around the table at the two boys, and the rest of my lovely family, I couldn't help but think to myself how lucky I was.

"Baby, you okay?" Cameron asked me, taking me out of my thoughts. I glanced into his eyes and felt a warm smile come across my face.

"Yes, I'm perfect."