s i x

"So how did we get separated?" Alexander asked Gina, tilting his head in a confused manner.

Gina ran her hand through her hair. She looked at Cameron and Alexander flustered.

"Alexander, I-"

"Mom, please call me Alex."

"Alex I really don't think now is the best time to talk about this." Gina stated seriously.

She looked miserably tired, but Cameron and Alex demanded answers for their questions.

"No now is a perfect time." Cameron snapped.

Alex nodded in agreement, leaving Gina speechless as to what she should say.

"Both of you boys, meant so much to me when you were born. I loved you both so much. But your father and I had a terrible financial crisis and we weren't able to take care of the both of you. So I had to make A decision." Gina said sighing.

"So you basically just picked Cameron, and just gave me away like I didn't matter?" Alex remarked with hurt in his voice.

"Alex, baby, we didn't have a choice. You have to understand that I love you both so much, but I didn't have a choice." She said starting to cry.

Alex glanced down at his hands, like Cameron had always done. I couldn't get over how alike they were.

"So then dad left you, and came back to find me?" Alex asked curiously.

Gina nodded. It must've been hard for her to explain to Alex, how he was separated from his brother.
They had lost so many years with each other, and he blamed Gina for it.

"That is correct." She said nodding.

"So what now?" Cameron asked looking to Gina.

"What do you mean what now? You both continue with your lives, just in separate households." Gina replied.

Cameron shook his head. I could tell he was angry by the redness growing in his face.

"So you separate us for 17 years, and then tell us we can't live together?" Cameron inquired.

"Cameron. Changing the way you live now, could ruin everything. Even the friendship you may grow to have with him."

"Friendship? HES MY BROTHER." He hissed.

Cameron's fists had balled so tightly, his knuckles began to turn white. Apparently Alex had noticed too, considering the look on his face from staring at Cameron's hands. Gina laid her face in her hands.

"Cam, you don't understand what you're opening up." Gina responded, her voice fading.

I had momentarily forgotten that this was my idea, to even bring Alexander into the picture. Now I had caused a huge mess between all of them. I had also forgotten about Kylie. She sat silent in the corner by her mother, listening closely to the whole conversation. I couldn't imagine what must be going through her mind.

"And you don't fucking understand what you're not allowing me to have." Cameron growled. He stood up and walked towards the staircase punching a picture frame on the near-by wall, that I'm sure cut his hand.
Alexander and Kylie watched quietly, staring at Gina waiting for her to say something.

"Cameron." She demanded.
But Cameron didn't care. He was too upset about the whole situation, and it hurt me, that he was hurt because of my intentions. I gave Gina a reassuring smile, and followed after him.

I made my way up the stair case to the entrance of his room, to see him sitting on the edge of his bed.

"Cameron?" I said as I softly knocked on his door.