I'm not Kim Kardashion; I don't need to sleep with people to get what I want

~~~~

I really, really hope that this is the LAST time I update on an iPad.

Excuse the mistakes

~~~~

Have you ever done full ice suicides?

No, I'm not talking about just down and back until you reached the other goal line. I'm talking about when you start on one side of the net, and after doing the usual suicide pattern, you go around the net and continue doing the suicide pattern. You have to return to your starting point every time, and you pretty much end up going the circumference of the ice over five times.

Sounds horrendous, right? Well, I got to do this twice at the end of my first practice. Coach Hannover decided that we needed extra conditioning, but I think the whole team knew that my addition to the team was most likely the cause. It was like he was turning the team against me so that I'd eventually quit.

Fat chance of that happening.

The class bell rang loudly, and I groaned as I got up with the rest of the class. If I thought tryouts hd left their mark on my body, last night had pretty much pummeled me until I was black and blue. I had another one tonight, and needless to say, I was not looking forward to it. However, I knew in the end, all of this conditioning would help my cause because it would make me stronger.

As I shuffled out of the classroom, I wasn't exactly looking where I was going, and I walk straight into someone. I stumbled to the side and immediately started apologizing. "I'm sorry," I said quickly, and I looked up to see one of the more popular girls, I think her name was Britney, glaring at me.

"Watch where you're going, bitch," she snapped, and then she turned on her ridiculously high heels and clacked away, her little clones following behind her.

"Okay, harsh," I muttered, and then I just shook my head and started walking in the opposite direction. I reached my locker, and I had squeeze through the crowded hallway to get to it. Quickly, I exchanged my stuff from the first half of the day to the supplies I'd need after lunch. Then, I grabbed my Tarzan lunchbox and slammed my locker shut.

I let myself walk with the current of the sea of other students, since everyone was pushing for the cafeteria, and as I stepped inside, I saw Penny already sitting at her usual table eating lunch.

Penny was one of those girls who was friends with a lot of people in a lot of different cliques, but when it came to lunch, she sat by herself because she didn't really have a clique of her own that she fit into. It didn't really bother her, since plenty of people would come say hi and chat for a bit, or even sit with her for a few minutes.

Since I didn't really have any friends, I just sat with her because she was the first person that I'd met here. I thought that maybe I'd had the team, but from the dirty looks I'd gotten in the locker room last night, I decided not to try with them yet. Maybe they'd come around, but not at the moment.

"Hey Penny," I said, sitting down across from her.

"Hi Kels," she replied, giving me a smile as she took a sip from her water bottle. "How was your first practice?"

"Oh, stellar!" I stated sarcastically, "I think your father killed my legs, and the team probably hates me more."

Penny chuckled and started to comment, but then her smile disappeared, and she nodded behind me. "Speak of the devil, and he will appear; or, better yet, them."

"Huh?" I asked, and I turned around slowly to where she was looking to see three of my teammates walking over. Alec was heading the threesome, and the two guys with him were Greg and Owen, if my memory serves. From the smirks on their faces, I knew that this wasn't going to be good.