Why is it then when I need to do well, someone ends up getting punched?

~~~~

Finally uploading on a laptop!

Excuse the mistakes

Picture on the side is of Tony (hopefully. If it doesn't work, its supposed to be lucas till)

~~~~

You know that feeling you get when you're nervous? It’s the one that gets deep in your gut and feels like there's a mass of small woodland creatures burrowing recklessly inside you. It literally doesn't get better with anything; not even Advil, which is to pain what Batman is to the Joker.

Well, I had that feeling, and I was currently lying in by bed, curled up in the fetal position. I was supposed to be getting ready for my first hockey game, but I was just way too nervous and sick to my stomach to move. I don’t really know why, though, because Coach Hannover had made it pretty clear that I wasn’t playing much, if at all.

I rolled over onto my back and made a moaning sound, and then there was a knock at the door which made me jump. “Who is it?” I called, pushing myself up into a sitting position.

“The Boogeyman.”

Frowning at the unfamiliar, rough voice, I reluctantly climbed off of my bed and padded over to my bedroom door. I turned the knob and pulled it open to see Nick standing there, a smirk on his face.

“Wh-what are you doing here?” I asked, taking a step back, “Aren’t you supposed to be in Rochester for your game tonight?”

Nick shrugged and shook his head, “That game is tomorrow and how could I miss your first game on your new team?”

I should feel ecstatic that Nick had come to my game, but instead, I just felt the nerves in my stomach twist more violently. Nick knew that I’d made the Ice Devils after a grueling tryout, but he knew nothing about Coach Hannover being sexist and wanting me off the team. I knew that if Nick found out, it wouldn’t be good.

This just added pressure to me. I had to go to a game, where Nick and my dad might find out about the problems I’ve been having with my team. I might also not play, and if I do, I can’t mess up at all for fear of getting reamed out by Coach Hannover.

However, I couldn’t exactly tell all of that to Nick, so I just plastered on a smile and gave him a big hug. I mean, he was my brother, and I hadn’t seen him in a while. “Thanks,” I said, my word muffled by Nick’s shoulder.

Nick pulled out of our hug, and he looked me up and down. “Don’t you have to be at the rink in, like, fifteen minutes?” My eyes widened and I yanked Nick’s wrist up to see the time on his watch. Sure enough, if I didn’t get dressed now, I would be late for my first game.

“Shit!” I cried, and I shoved Nick out of my room and slammed the door shut. “Don’t take it personally!” I yelled as I stripped out of the pajamas I’d changed into after school, “I just don’t need you to see me in the nude!”

“And I wouldn’t want to,” Nick replied, and I could hear his receding footsteps as he walked back downstairs.

I changed into a pair of red sports shorts and a neon yellow sports bra. I yanked on a white Under Armor shirt, which was one of the ones that was tight to your body, and then I shrugged on a black zip-up sweatshirt.  I didn’t have one of the Ice Devils warm-up suits, so this was going to have to do until I got one, if I did even.