Chapter 15

A faint noise from the hallway woke me up and I knew I hadn't been sleeping long because I didn't feel that tired. I figured it was just someone going to the bathroom so I tried to just go back to sleep but then I heard my door open.

"Calli." Niall whispered. Why was he in here? I kept my eyes shut and listened to his footsteps moving around the side of my bed. Suddenly I felt a movement in the mattress and my heart was beating rapidly as I felt his body against my back. It was a risky move but I decided to sleepily turn my body around so I was facing him. Surprisingly he still thought I was sound asleep and I buried my face into his chest my hands clutching loosely onto his shirt.

He had his arms wrapped around me with one hand brushing through my hair. His lips were lightly pressed against my forehead. This felt nice. It took everything in me not to start smiling. I wanted to see what he was doing. After awhile, he fell asleep just like that with me in his arms.

He looks so peaceful when he slept, his lips slightly parted and his face calm. The healing cut around his eye and the fading bruise framing his cheek couldn't even rip him from the childish innocence he held in this state.

I wondered what his thoughts were, why he hated his parents and why he thinks of himself as such a horrible person. He was like a puzzle; a mystery that I wanted to solve. If only he would just let me. If I could just sit here and watch him forever I think I would but my eyes were beginning to force themselves shut and I fell asleep.

~~~~~

When my alarm went off that morning, I was sad, but also relieved to see that Niall was no longer in bed. I did not need Liam finding him in here. Quickly I shut off my alarm and dragged myself out of bed, and into the bathroom. My hair was put into a ponytail and I wore skinny jeans and my favorite All Time Low shirt. I was thankful that there was no school yesterday but I wish we had more days off. Only a few weeks till Spring Break.

After I was all ready, I went into the kitchen where Harry had breakfast made and Niall and Zayn were practically sleeping in their pancakes.

"Good morning Calli." Harry smiled handing me a freshly baked plate and the boys lifted their heads up from the table.

"Good morning Harry. And good morning to you sleepy heads as well." I laughed sitting across from them. "Wait... Zayn why are you here?"

"Am I not allowed to drive my friends to school in my new truck?" He asked and my jaw dropped.

"Did you finally get your true love?" I gasped and he laughed sleepily.

"Yes I did." He smiled.

"Yeah okay. Let Calli eat her breakfast so we aren't late." Niall cut into the conversation. I continued to eat and we all kept quiet.

~~~~~

"You really couldn't have bought a truck with a backseat?" I questioned while sitting squeezed in between Niall and Zayn.

"Sorry." Zayn laughed.

"Don't act like you don't like it." Niall smirked. I rolled my eyes and turned the radio up a bit.

When we got to school, Zayn stopped to talk to people and Niall walked me to my locker.

"What's your first hour?" He asked me and I pulled out my English book showing him. "Mrs. Hamilton?"

"Yeah." I replied grabbing my folder and a pencil.

"I had her last year. She's a bitch." He told me and I let out a laugh.

"She's okay." I shrugged, shutting my locker. "So... Last night..."

"What about last night?" He froze.