Chapter 17

I had a difficult time getting out of bed that morning being as I had only gotten about two hours of sleep. Hitting the snooze button on my phone, I fell right back asleep only to be awaken again by someone screaming into my room.

"I saw you hit that snooze button you little shit!" Jenna screamed into my room. I groaned and got out of bed slowly to see her waiting at the door. "There you go. Now get up and eat breakfast before it gets cold."

Jenna left the room and I made my way to the bathroom which was already occupied. I could hear the shower running so I sighed and went to the kitchen.

"Goodmorning Harry." I smiled and he handed me a plate of scrambled eggs and bacon.

"Goodmorning Cal. Did you sleep well?" He asked and I nodded obviously lying. Because two hours of sleep is just so amazing. "Good."

"Is Niall taking a shower?" I asked. Jenna gave Harry a weird look and Harry cleared his throat.

"Yeah. He wasn't feeling too well this morning. I don't know if he wants to go to school or not." Jenna answered before Harry could get a word out. Memories of last night's encounter with Niall flashed through my min and I wondered if he actually wasn't feeling well.

"Okay." I replied to her.

"He should be fine though. He didn't look like he was sick." Harry pointed out.

"He probably just wants to get out of class for something stupid." Jenna told him.

"Leave him alone." I muttered. They gave each other that look again. The weird look that they always seem to give each other when they know something that I don't. I hate that look.

"Calli you haven't been around long enough to know how we really are. I'm obviously a bitch as you know very well. I hate people. I hate everything. The only person I really care about is Harry. He's a fucking cupcake. He acts all tough but he's really just weird and geeky. No offense Harry, I love that about you." She patted his arm and he just kept his mouth shut. "The other boys have shit too. The thing about Niall is that he's an asshole, he's rude, he's stupid and he's a pussy. He's nothing without us."

"Niall is-"

"Finally out of that shower!" Harry quickly ended our conversation. "How are you feeling man?" He asked Niall who had walked into the room. His hair fell onto his forehead in a wet mess and he had a towel wrapped around his waist exposing the top half of his body.

"I'm fine." I tried to distract myself from the topless boy by eating my breakfast. My eyes scanned over his glistening back as he grabbed a water out of the fridge. He turned around and I locked eyes with his.

"Calli was worried about you. You know because you said you weren't feeling well." Jenna piped up and I gave her a small glare. She gave me a light shrug and I looked back up at Niall who never tore his gaze away from me.

"Yeah I heard your guys' concern." He took a sip of his water and set it on the counter behind him. The silence that followed his words was intimidating. I set my fork down carefully. I let out a breath of relief when I heard the front door open.

"In the kitchen like always." Zayn smiled seeing us all. He didn't seem to sense the tension in the room. "Harry can I make a plate?"

"Go ahead." Harry told him and I got up to put my plate in the sink. I was rinsing off my glass when Zayn squeezed up next to me.

"Did you talk to him?" He asked quietly. I looked over to my side to see Niall eating a piece of bacon from the pan.

"Yeah. Everything's good." I whispered giving Zayn a reassuring smile. His arm sneakily wrapped around my waist and his hand was set on my hip. I shut the water off and turned so I was facing him. He pulled his arm back so it was resting on my other hip and I placed my hand on his gently. "I should probably get ready now."