04.

I park my motorcycle and pull out my cellphone to notify Nuha that I'm here. 1 new text message from Nuha.

"I'm at home. I changed my mind about the mall. Wanna chill and watch Vampire Diaries?"

I feel relieved. I wasn't totally ready for another episode of stucked in a mall full of Islamaphobic humans.

I text back.

"Yeah, sure. I'll be there in a few x"

I get back onto my motorcycle and turn the key into the ignition.

Driving into Nuhas' driveway, I see her standing at her window from upstairs.

She waves hysterically and taps the window so hard, I thought it was going to break.
In return, I wave back and signal for her to open the front door for me. She mouths "wait" and I walk over to the front door.

I wait for about two minutes and decide to ring the bell.

Nuha where are you?!

Just as I raise my right hand to ring the bell, the front door swings open and I'm grabbed by an unfamiliar hand and swung into a tight embrace.

Who is this unknown creature?

I'm stunned and pin into short chubby arms. Being hugged this tight made me felt as though my lungs got its' air knocked out of it.

I'm guessing this is Nuha's grandmother?

A few seconds later we are still hugging and she's mumbling, "Oh such a lovely girl" all into my ears while she shakes my entire body trapped in her arms.

I open my eyes and see Nuha standing right behind us.

HELP ME!!!

She laughs and says, "Okay, that's enough."

The lady lets go of me and I take a step back. Dizzy and gasping for air, Nuha shoves me into the lounge and sits me down on the couch.

I catch my breath and wait for Nuha to introduce us.

Nuha introduces, "Mama, this is Maryam and Maryam, this is my grandmother."

Her grandmother is a short chubby lady with big cheeks. She has her arms filled with gold bangles and a cheeky smile.

I say, "Nice to meet you, Alhamdulilah."

She comes closer, tugs at my cheeks and says, "Call me Mama. You're such a beautiful girl, MashaAllah." I smile.

Nuha continues, "These are my cousins" ,she points to the girls sitting on the couch opposite me, "Imaan, Khadija and Maysarah."

These girls look like young Arabian Models and all of them wear the veil. I greet and they greet back.

Looking at their eyes, I can tell that they are extremely beautiful.

They start talking amongst themselves and leave the lounge.

"And!? Cool, aren't they?" asks Nuha with excitement in her voice.

"Yeah. They seem cool." I say.

Suddenly, Nuha jumps up and pulls me to my feet.

"So, did you come here to sit on my couch all day or are we going to watch Damon win Elana over?!"

I laugh and say, "Nah, let's go."