12.

In 20 minutes, we pulled up infront of my house. I took a deep breath in before getting out of the car but, I released it soon after seeing the driveway empty. Abee wasn't home yet.

After knocking for a full 10 minutes at the door, my mother opens it.

"Oh, it's you. Where is your key, Maryam?" asks my mother, panting, through gritted teeth. I think I distracted her from what she was busy with.

"Maaf, I forgot to take it earlier" I say, walking in. I take a step beside her and wave for Mama and Nuha to come inside.

"Who ar-" my mother raises her eyebrows and looks to me for answers. I shrug. I haven't got time to explain or anything right now.

Please be nice. Please be nice.

Mama greets and hugs my mother and, suprisingly, my mother smiles and show them towards the living room.

I hurry upstairs to change into something more loose and comfortable. Before walking back downstairs, I take a quick look in the mirror. This might or might not be the last time that I stand before this mirror or this room.

You'll be fine. Everything will workout, Maryam. In shaa Allah.

Ironing down my old abaya, I sigh. I haven't got a clue to how my Abee will react but, I hope that his reaction will be bearable. I say a quick dua before leaving my room and beg for mercy.

This is it.