Zori's Lullaby / Happy New Year

(3rd pov) 

After Zero had obtained all the information she needed she allowed him to continue coaching the practice before it was time for Subaru to leave. After Subaru showered and changed, they headed off to where the concert would be. 

The two walked in silence. Awkward silence. That is until Subaru found the courage to say words. "T-That was impressive what you did back there. Still fast." He complimented calmly but nervously. "He was slow to begin with." Zero responded. 

"T-That's true I guess. With your much smaller figure you're not as heavy, but still the Captain has longer legs and a bigger build. I'd say you guys were equally matched. "

"Hn, his cockiness was his downfall." 

Again with the silence. Zero peeked from the corner of her eye to see Subaru looking straight ahead with an expression that looked as if he was constipated. Zero sighed, catching Subaru's attention. 

"What's wrong with you?" She asked annoyed. 

"What do you-"

"You're acting like a high school girl about to confess her undying love." Zero cut in. 

Subaru blushed more before looking away. "T-That's not it." He denied. "Then what?" she almost spat. There was a few seconds of silence as Subaru's footsteps slowly came to a stop. Zero looked back at him with a raised eyebrow. 

"I....keep thinking about that scar on your stomach." 

Instantly Zero sort of tensed up but he didn't notice it. "That time we were at the lake and you took off your shirt....I noticed that scar. It's faint so no one would have noticed it, but it stuck out the most to me." 

"And?" 

Subaru clenched his fists before looking up. "Did something happen...before you came to us?" 

"......"

"I realized...that I - we, your family, have no clue about anything about you. Your past...what drives you. We only know small pieces and remnants of it. Who are you Zero?" 

Zero stared at him before turning her head away, closing her eyes, and sighing. "Just mind your own goddamn business. If you stick your nose where it isn't needed....you'll get hurt."