5. Truth or Dare

Armin inhaled deeply and let go of Jean. Jean followed hesitantly.

"Armin, do you still wanna go in to eat? We don't have to, I could take you home if you want?"

Armin wiped the rest of the tears off, glaring at the ground he replied, "I'm not going back there."

Jean's eyes softened and he hugged Armin, "We can go to my place," he offered.

Armin shook his head slightly, and Jean got back into the driver's seat then drove off. All the way back to his house Jean never turned on the radio once. Armin stayed silent.

When they reached Jean's apartment, Jean helped Armin out of the car and led him to his apartment. Jean unlocked the door, the living room connected to the kitchen and there were two doors in the back, leading to a bedroom and bathroom.

"I know it's not much," Jean stated, "but it's better than where I used to live." he chuckled nervously.

"I like it," Armin assured, moving to the couch to lay down.

Jean headed over towards the kitchen area, "What do you want to eat?" he asked, opening the pantry.

"You have ramen?"

Jean laughed, "That's a bit plain, but yeah I do."

The first bowl, he had done, he gave to Armin, who was sitting on the couch watching TV. Armin liked it there, at Jean's apartment, there were no parents yelling back and forth to each other constantly. After Jean finished making his bowl, he sat across from Armin. The sat quietly, slurping away at their ramen, and watching Avatar the Last Airbender. Once they finished eating, Jean took the bowls and washed them, he also gathered enough courage to talk to Armin about what happened earlier.

"Hey, Armin?" Jean started.

"Yeah?"

"What happened? Earlier in the car, I mean?"

Armin exhaled sharply, "I can't- don't want to talk about it."

"Uh okay, sorry. You want anything to drink?" Jean tried changing the topic.

"You have beer?"

"Aren't you underage?" Jean perked up.

"Hasn't stopped me before."

Jean gave in and tossed him a can. Armin popped it open and downed it.

"Calm down, Armin, jeez."

Armin looked up at him questionably, "I don't know what you're talking about. Anyway," he said, glancing around, "you wanna do some truth or dares?"

Jean laughed, "Isn't that a bit childish?"

"Yeah," Armin agreed, "but who gives a shit? It's just you and me."

Jean, once again, gave in, grabbed a beer, and sat down next to him.

"You first then," Jean said.

"Fine, whimp," Armin retorted. "Okay, truth or dare?"

"Truth."

Armin sighed, "You're no fun." He thought of a truth, "Why'd you offer me a job at the caffe. I mean, I know we knew each other, but still, Susan hates me and wants to get me fired."