10. Old Pals, More Like Lovers

Jean woke up seven hours later with Armin still balled up next to him. He smiled to himself and kissed Armin's cheek. Well it wasn't forever, but it lasted long enough, Jean thought as he got ready for work.

The noise of Jean moving from room to room woke Armin up. His eyes fluttered open only to close tightly shut after being exposed to the intense light.

"Jean," he whined, "I need to go to work."

Jean walked back to their room and sat next to Armin. "You still need your rest," he cooed.

"It's been five days," Armin continued, hoping to get his way.

"No, Armin, I won't allow it," he crossed his arms. "You can go back Monday if you feel up to it. It's just two more days you'll make it."

"Fine," Armin pouted, "but don't expect to see me still in bed when you get back. I hate doing nothing."

Jean giggled, kissing Armin's cheek, "I would of expected nothing less of you. See you later, babe."

Jean left.

Armin sat there alone in the sun-lit room.

"Ugh!" he yelled out. "I'm so bored!"

Armin sprawled out on the bed, mesmerized by the shadows, of the branches outside, dancing across the ceiling. At least it stopped snowing finally, he thought, it might actually be warm enough to go for a walk.

Armin arose, heading towards the bathroom. He brushed his pearly whites and pulled up his golden locks, then went back to the bedroom. Swinging open the door to closet, Jean's voice weaved back into Armin's thoughts.

You still need your rest...

Tch. Armin scavenged the closet for an outfit. He ended up picking out a plain, white tee, a pair of dark blue, skinny jeans, and his black vans, of course. Without a second thought, Armin was out the door.

He walked down the sidewalk with the heat of the sun to warm up his frail figure.

"I could try to get my phone fixed," he pondered to himself, patting his back pocket. Yea, I'll do that.

He headed down to town until he reached TechWizards, the electronic repair shop about ten minutes from their apartment. Armin entered the blocky building. As he headed towards the customer service area in the back of the store, something, or someone had caught his attention. Armin strained his eyes to get a better look at the guy. Eyes widening, Armin waddled quickly to the back store.

No it couldn't be...could it? Armin worried, beads of sweat dripping down his forehead. What the fuck would he be doing here?

It felt as though twenty years had passed before he made it to the service area. Quickly, Armin explained his problem, about his phone, to the woman at the counter.

"It'll be about three days before I can get it back to you. Is that okay, sir?"

"Yea, yea, it's fine, sure," Armin spaced out.

"Is everything okay, sir?" the woman asked.

Armin snapped out of his trance, "Ah, yes, I'm so sorry. Three days will be fine," he pulled on a fake smile.

"Good," she replied, "would you like me to send it to you through mail, or do you want to come pick it up?"

"Mail's fine," Armin gave her his new address and left the shop.