Chapter 12

You call Austin back to see what's going on, but he doesn't answer. You tried Danny. No answer. There's a knock on your door.
You:" What now?"
You open the door to see Dylan and Jenna holding hands. Jenna was crying and Dylan looked like he had just stopped. He doesn't look at you and walks Jenna to her bed.
You:" What happened?"
Dylan:" You happened! That's what."
Jenna:" Dyl-"
Dylan:" If it wasn't for you, none of this would have ever happened!"
Jenna:" Dylan, don't say-"
Before she could finish he storms out the room.
You find yourself holding back tears but you didn't know why.
You:" Jenna. . . What happened?"
She looks up at you, back at the floor, then starts crying even harder. You didn't like where this was going.
DYLAN'S POV:
I rush out of Jenna's and Y/n's dorm before I did something that I would regret. I get in the car where Jake was waiting for me. We were a wreck.
Jake:" Did you tell her?"
Dylan:" No. . . Just thinking about it made me want to kill her."
Jake:" Should I tell her?"
Dylan:" I don't give a fuck what you do, but if you're not leaving then I am."
He pauses for a while. Then, finally, he turns the car on and drives away.

DYLAN'S POV:
*A few hours earlier*
I get a call from Shawn. He said he needed to talk to me and the guys.
Shawn:" It's important. I need to talk to all of you. Especially Carter."
Dylan:" I haven't seen or heard from Carter since earlier today."
Shawn:" He probably wouldn't come anyway. . . I can't risk anyone seeing us. Meet me at 8:00 tonight at the old house down the street from campus. Tell Jake. . . And Carter."
JAKE'S POV:
We all show up at this old house we used to hang out at. Me, Shawn and Dylan were already there, but Austin hadn't shown up yet. Dylan brought Jenna. Apparently they were supposed to be going out after this "secret" meeting Shawn set up.
Shawn:" Did you tell him we were meeting here?"
Dylan:" Yeah. He said he would be here."
Just then Austin comes walking through the door, but he wasn't alone.

AUSTIN'S POV:
I show up at the house with Danny. He was calling someone but they didn't answer.
Danny:" Call me back. Soon."
He hangs up and looks at me.
Danny:" Drew and Tom will be here in a minute."
Austin:" What? It's just supposed to be us."
Danny:" I wasn't born yesterday. Do you think I'd really go into some random house with you when your crew is going to be there too?"
Austin:" Okay whatever. We're here for one thing."
Danny:" You won't come through with it."
I roll my eyes and open the door and see the guys.
JAKE'S POV:
Jake:" What the hell is this?"
Austin:" We have business to take care of."
Shawn:" Since when do you and Danny-"
Just then Drew and Tom walk in.
Dylan:" Carter what the fuck is this?!"
Austin:" Why don't you ask Shawn?"
Everyone looks at Shawn.
Shawn:" I can explain."
Austin:" Then go ahead."
Shawn explains everything that happened and Austin's anger switches from Shawn to Drew.
Austin:" You were the one with that video of me and Y/n?!"
Danny:" You were dating my sister? That sex tape is of you and my sister?!"
Drew looks at Shawn, obviously pissed and pulls out his gun.
Drew:" I told you what would happen if you did this."

AUSTIN'S POV:
Before I knew it, everyone was pointing a gun at someone. Everyone except for me. How did I get in the middle of this? I'm not gonna lie, I'm scared as shit.
Austin:" Put your guns down. It's not helping anything."
No one puts their gun down. I look at Jake. He rolls his eyes and slowly put his gun down. Then Tom, then Dylan and Danny. Shawn and Drew were still aiming their guns at each other.
Tom:" Drew put your gun down. He's not worth it."
But he doesn't.
Drew:" I don't trust him."
Dylan looks at Shawn but he doesn't take his eye off of Drews' hand.
Dylan:" Put it down Shawn."
No one moved. Then Shawn slowly puts his gun down. I see Drew smile. Without thinking, I pull out my gun and shoot. BANG! BANG! BANG! I was too late. Shawn was on the floor with a bullet through his head.

JAKE'S POV:
Drew shot Shawn. . . My best friend. . . My brother. . . I pick my gun up and aim at Drew. Right before I pull the trigger Danny jumps in front of him. They both fall to the floor. Did I hit Drew or Danny?
AUSTIN'S POV:
I see Danny fall to the ground. Did I shoot Danny or Drew. BANG! BANG! BANG! I feel a pain shoot through my stomach. I lose my balance and fell to the floor. I look over and see Shawn laying there. All he was trying to do was help and protect us and now. . .now he's gone forever. I look to the other side and see Danny. . .
Y/n. . . She's going to be devastated. And what if I killed him?! She'll hate me for the rest of my life. . .well, that might not be very long. I pull out my phone and call her, but she doesn't answer. I try to explain what happened but I just couldn't. I see Dylan in the corner holding Jenna. I hang up the phone. She was fine. So was Dylan, Jake, and Tom.
Dylan:" I suggest you get out of here before you end up like your friends."
Tom looks down at Drew and Danny, then pulls his gun on himself. I close my eyes for a few seconds, then open them to get one last glimpse of my friends. The people who were there for me through thick and thin. Then I close my eyes for the last time.

*Three Days Later*
JAKE'S POV:
I watch as Y/n walks into Austin's hospital room. We'd just got back from Danny's funeral. Under different circumstances I wouldn't have went, but I went for Y/n. I barely got Dylan to come with me. He doesn't blame Y/n for any of this happening anymore. Two days ago Dylan and I took Shawn deep in the forest. It wasn't a traditional burial, but he would've appreciated it.
The night everything went down, I couldn't get my thoughts together. The next day, I was the one who told Y/n everything that happened. . . Well, maybe not as accurately.
AUSTIN'S POV:
Two days ago I woke up. . . I opened my eyes. . . I was alive. I was alive? Yes. How? I don't know. Today was different than the others. Instead of Jake or Dylan coming in to check on me, it was Y/n. . .
As soon as I saw her, thoughts of the other night flashed through my mind. I started crying. I couldn't help it. Shawn was gone and he wasn't coming back. Looking at Y/n I realized that she was going through the same thing. Danny, her brother, the only person who's been through thick or thin with her, was dead. . . And it was all because of me. She was wearing a black dress with matching heels. . . She just came from his funeral. Her eyes were red and still wet.
Austin:" Y/n, I'm so sorry."
You:" I'm sorry, too. . . I wish everything wouldn't have happened like that."
Austin:" I didn't know that my bullet would hit him."
You:" Look, you were just sticking up for Shawn and Danny."
Austin:" What? What are you talking about?"
You:" Jake told me how Drew was coming after Shawn. Then he completely flipped."
What? This never happened. Should I tell her what really happened?

AUSTIN'S POV:
You:" And he shot him. . . Then my brother... and you shot Drew. He was out of control. . . You stood up for me and my brother, but mostly you stood up for us."
Austin:" Y/n, I don't want you to be upset but I know you will be. . ."
You:" I won't be upset. What is it?"
Ummm yeah I may have killed your brother and his friend but who knows? I can't tell her that.
Austin:". . . I don't know. I just wish I could've prevented everything from happening."
You:" I know. . . But nothing is going to bring them back now. . ."
Austin:" I'm sorry Y/n."
You:" I know. But as long as I've got you, I think I can make it through this."
She kisses me. I have to tell her the truth. . . But if I tell her the truth, she'll be even more upset and hate me forever. . . But keeping this to myself will eat me up inside. . . I look in her eyes a realize that I can't break her any more. I'd rather let this lie eat me up inside than y/n having to suffer any more pain than she already has. It's crazy that I'm completely in love with this girl. But what's even crazier is that she's also in love with me.

THE END
❤️💛💚💙💜 Sorry I suck at endings. But this story was getting super drawn out and I didn't want to make it any longer. Thanks for reading!