Loading Up

and Sailing Out

I have just started thinking about the tiny shack I am supposedly going to survive in. "Great! Now how will this little piece of crap hold up to hordes?!" I was worried. I finally decided to take all my food, water, and ammunition to the shipyard and meet Tom there. I got to the shipyard and Tom was standing outside and talking to his fellow shipmate David. As I expected, they were talking about the 'bad news'. "Good-day gentlemen!  Or should I say bad-day." We all grinned, then the smiles left our faces as fast as they came. "Have you seen any of the infected, Jason our old pal?" Tom asked concerned. All I said was Joseph and they got the hint. We got silent for a moment, then I spoke up again making everyone feel worse. "He got Lilian." Then David broke in, " We can't help her now." Our threesome went into the huge shipyard warehouse and closed the huge doors. We knew we had to hunker down here for now to survive.

"Time for us to come up with a survival plan men!" David said with confidence that cheered everyone up. Tom brought out the blueprints to the shipyard and we looked it over and started drawing and writing on it. We had four entrances : the front doors, the two side doors ( one on the left, one on the right ), and the boat entrance that couldn't be closed because it was over the water. We were to take our boats everywhere and use the back opening as the port of entry as for we all owned boats. "Our skiffs are the key to our survival. Your boat now means life or death. We have enough food to last us a month in here but that's it. Once we run out, we fish for our food till the sea runs dry." Tom instructed, sounding like he has been through a zombie apocalypse before.