Getting the Food Out

Escaping Using Wits

So, here we are. We no longer have our weapon and we are hiding from a zombie behind the register. Is this how it ends? Well we cant just hit the road because we need this food to survive. I had a crazy, smart, scary idea. "Now, what I'm going to do is jump up and lead all the zombies to the back maintenance room door. I'll start screamin' and hollerin' until their all at the door and when they get to the door, fill up on food and head for the truck." I said. They new it was the only way but they wanted to hesitate. Then I screamed, " Now!" I got up and ran for the maintenance door. I screamed so they'd follow me and just before they got me I shut the door and started hitting the door to keep them engaged with the chase. I looked around in the closet and I had some buckets, mops, brooms, and detergents. I thought I could use the mops and buckets so I grabbed one mop and two buckets. One bucket went on my head, the other on my hand so I could block the fleshy's bites, then I used the mop as a sword. I waited until I heard the truck turn on, but then I heard it honk. I was confused. "Why did they do that?!" Furiously I pushed the door open and started tearing up the fleshys. I killed 2 then bolted for the truck and when I got in the truck I closed the door just in time before a fleshy got a grip on me.

"What the?! Why did you honk?!" They said they thought I couldn't get out because of the zombies infront of the door. I could've still made it out and I was furious that they risked their lives for me because I didn't want them to die. "Well, you made it out alive and let's be grateful about that." David said. When we got back to the base I began again to stare at the tugboat we had in the water. We could probably survive by the tug.

I got in the tug and checked it out. "Hey, Tom!" I continued. "We should leave this place and take my boat, David's boat, and your tug!" I yelled this to him from across the warehouse. He said sure and we packed up all the potential weapons, food, and water that was in the shop and we headed out.