Escape

The Store

The night after we found the fleshy gave us chills up our spine as we slept. We were most worried because the water was right next to us and we had nothing to separate us from the water fleshys and us. To set that aside, I still haven't come up with a good name for our new fleshy guard-dog. I was thinking about naming him Joseph after the fleshy version of Joseph. We all decided on calling him alarm. We took about four weeks to finally teach him to bark only at the fleshys that come up behind us and not the ones we see.

Now it has been three months and we decided to go to a store and fill up on food and ammunition. We of course had to take alarm with us so we wouldn't get ambushed. We opened the side door on the right side closest to the water. There were no visible fleshys in the area at the time so we hurried along to Tom's truck. Right when we got in the truck, fleshys started appearing all around us. We drove off as fast as we could before they could barricade us in a tight circle.

While we were driving on the rode to the store we passed little scenes of the apocalypse. We passed several people being devoured by the disease. All we did was looked straight at the road and focused on anything but the rest of the messed up world. Driving up to the door, we looked around as if we were deer in an open field. It certainly felt like it. The predator was the mountain lion that literally was going to feast on us if we didn't escape in one piece.

We took our flashlights we got behind the seat in the truck and we slowly opened the door. The glass was shattered and the lights were flickering on and off like what you normally see in any typical horror movie. We walked in the store and alarm put his tail behind his legs and started to snarl. His ears were down against his head. "What is it boy?" I said in a worried tone. When we looked down the aisle in the store we saw a fleshy walk around the corner. I told alarm to be quiet and we all hid behind the shelf. We looked on the other side and there were three other fleshys.

I whispered to them to jump over the cash register desk. I ran and carried alarm over the desk with me. The fleshys must have heard us and smelled us so they started to come over to the desk. We stopped breathing altogether. We saw a bat behind the desk and I picked it up. Holding up my hand and counting down with my fingers to one, I got up and swung the bat as hard as I could at the fleshys head.

It exploded. I felt bad but knew it was all I could do. I hid again. No more fleshys started coming over because they were all behind the shelves of the other aisle. We went to the right and there was the canned food and water. I grabbed some food and threw it in the closest basket I saw. I walked down the aisle and turned the corner. All I saw was a fleshy looking straight at me. I ran back to the cashier and jumped over the counter. The bat was broken. "What now?"