Awkward Love

Peridot was in the UUU Space Travel Barb searching for parts to add to the drill. "Hmm... No...Ooh! This might work!...uh no...what even is this?" Peridot said to herself as she shoveled through parts.

Amethyst walked to the barn to talk to Peri. "Hey nerd." Amethyst said.

Peridot chuckled. "Hey Amethyst." She replied.

The two had gotten along well ever since Peridot forgave Amethyst for calling her defective and finding it funny.

"Whatcha doing?" Amethyst asked her friend.

"Finding parts for the drill of course." Peridot replied.

Amethyst shoved the green gem playfully. "Everyone else is taking a break. Let's hit the beach."

Peridot looked puzzled. "Why would we hit the beach. It's not a threat like the cluster or anything." She told Amethyst.

"No. Hitting the beach means we GO to the beach and hang out." Amethyst replied.

Before Peridot could answer, Amethyst grabbed her hand and dragged her to the beach.

"Come on Peri! The water won't hurt you!" Amethyst teased as she splashed around in the water.

"I will not go in the water!" Peridot exclaimed as she sat on the beach.

Suddenly Amethyst started thrashing in the water. "Help Peri! Something's got my leg!" Amethyst shouted.

"Ha ha. Your not gonna get me in that water." Peridot replied, her arms crossed.

Suddenly Amethyst disappeared under the water!

"Amethyst!" Peridot cried out. She swam to the bubbles and looked in the water. She did her best to dive down towards Amethyst.

An glowing eel-like creature had its tail around Amethyst's foot. An electric shock went through the eel. Amethyst struggled in pain then poofed. The gem landed on a rock.

Peridot swam down towards the eel, her gem glowing. Suddenly she pulled out a katana and threw it at the monster, poofing it. Peridot swam and grabbed Amethyst's gem, than went to resurface. The creature's gem floated down onto a sharp rock and cracked.

It had been a week since Amethyst poofed. Peridot had held onto the gem no matter what the Crystal Gems tried to do. Peri would hug the gem and sometimes even kiss it. One day the gem started glowing. Peridot jumped back in surprise.

The second amethyst was in her new form Peridot hugged her. Amethyst pushed Peridot back to where she could see her, than pulled her in and kissed her. Peridot returned the embrace.

"Thanks for saving me." Amethyst wispered. "It might seem awkward, but I love you."

Peridot didn't speak, instead she smiled awkwardly and pulled Amethyst in and they kissed again.

This was a contest entry for babyperidot . I hope she likes it!