Softer than Velvet

A/N: Just to let you guys know, I'm leaving on vacation for a week. When you ask? Well, my enthusiastic reader... the answer to that is tomorrow! Yeah, I woke up this morning and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was like "I GOTTA GET UP A NEW CHAPTER THEN! I'M AN IDIOT!" (Sorry, I've been updating practically every day, btw.) Where I'm going we might have Wi-Fi! I'll be writing the next chapter either way (by hand or even on my iPod), so there'll probably be an update in a week or a few days. So keep reading, keep breathing and stay sexy.

This is a kind of heated (i.e. they're making-out, to put it bluntly. nothing more than that though) chapter here guys. Read at your own digression. Parents strongly cautioned, etc. 

_________________________________________________

C H A P T E R   T H R E E

SOFTER THAN VELVET

I was shocked to say the least. A kiss was not what I expected to receive after chasing a guy out of town and into the woods when he obviously wanted to get away from me. But that invisible, intangible rope would not allow a space between us; no matter how short the distance. I then remembered that he just asked me why I had followed him. Could I tell him about the theoretical rope that seemed to tie me to him? Wasn't that a little creepy? 

Our lips moved together in perfect sync as he wrapped an arm around my waist and closed the distance between us. His other hand slowly went up my back--he let his fingertips brush against my skin which made me shiver. Soon, his hand played with my chestnut hair; it felt so... so right. I felt myself stand on the tips of my toes and wrapped my arms around his neck to deepen our kiss. My fingers entangled themselves with his ink black hair. 

I gave a slight tug, it was one that was playful and light humored. His lips pulled away for a moment as he released a dark growl that made me melt in my hiking boots; oh my god. Within seconds he had me up against a tree--I hadn't even felt him pick me up, by the way-- but sure enough my back met bark and my legs had somehow wrapped themselves around his waist on instinct. He held me up so our faces were level. 

He pulled away again, making me suddenly irritated, but he returned and kissed along my jaw line and to my earlobe where he bit me lightly. I moaned. I had never let a guy do this to me, ever. No guy had ever made so many sparks fly from my body; actually, I don't think a guy had ever made sparks fly from my body ever. 

As if satisfied, I heard him chuckle and begin to make his way down my neck, his teeth grazed over my skin where I felt a tiny bit of pain that quickly subsided when his cool tongue brushed over it. He did this all the way down to the crook of my neck where he buried his nose. He took in a deep breath as if he were trying to breathe me in and memorize my very scent. 

His hands traveled up and under my shirt. 

Wait.

What the hell are his hands doing up my shirt?!

I dropped my hands from where they had been playing in his hair and my legs instantly unwrapped themselves from his waist. I may have been in a heated make-out session with the guy, but there was no way in hell I was going to allow him to put his hands on my ta-tahs. 

Mr. Tall-Dark-Handsome-and-Obviously-Horny paused, but he slowly drew away from me. Confusion plain on his gorgeous face. He looked me over with his deep golden eyes; the light gold flecks shimmered as they stared down at me with such an intensity I wriggled with the heat and passion in them. 

He opened his mouth, his full lips formed the words, "Why you?"

*His P.O.V.*

"I don't know," She said after a long pause, obviously pretending to think. Her face colored with embarrassment; her hands, so tiny and delicate looking, held each other as her elegant fingers intertwined nervously.  I watched her every movement with a steady brown gaze. My wolf was growing irritated, he wanted to be near her, touch her, hold her... claim her. But I kept him at bay. I would not-- could not-- claim this girl. Not this tiny, dainty looking girl with skin that looked pale as the moon, chestnut hair and eyes that looked like the clearest ocean. She was beautiful and I could not taint that beauty.