Chapter 2: That's nine months!

Peeta'pov:

I read the letter over and over again. This can't be happening. I run my fingers frustrated through my ashy blond hair, messing it more up than it already is. Finnick hasn't said one word since he gave me the letter, which was 20 minutes ago. I guess he's just as shocked as I am. I don't know what to do!

"When was you in The Capitol?" He asks slowly. I think for a moment.

"September, I think." He begins counting on his fingers.

"October, November, December, January, February, March, April, May..." I look at his eight counted fingers.

"June. That's nine months, Finn! I was there nine months ago!" I say anxiety. I think I'm going to pass out soon.

"Peet, you need to tell me. What happend in The Capitol?" Finnick speaks up calmly. I look at him unsure. I really don't want to tell him. I'm just to embarrassed right now! How could I be so stupid! Finnick gives me a small smile, assuring me that this conversation is only between him and me. I take a deep breath.

"You remember that I was on a business trip to The Capitol for my dad last year, right?"

"Hmm, was it the one where your father needed to close the new restaurant because of oven problems?" He ask. I nod.

"Yes that on. My father's creditors went crazy because of it, so he send me to the capitol to reassure them. And maybe to get some vacation." He give me a wink and a smirk.

"And I assume that you met a lovely lady there." I chuckle at his comment.

"She wasn't just like any other lady. She was mysterious, I couldn't really figure her out. She was sweet and caring, and so beautiful. I have never seen anything so beautiful, in my life." I stop myself for a moment. All the memories of her comes flowing into my mind, and it's killing me to know that I'll never see her again. I sigh and starts to tell the story.

"I walk through the busy streets of The Capitol. You can hear cars rushing and toot on the other side of the big towering buildings. I really have never seen anything like this. Everything here is gigantic and very different from District 12. But not all of it is a good different. I mean all the big stores and pretty cars is, but all the people here is wearing the most ridiculous clothes ever. Men is wearing fancy suits or coats. Women has big ugly, all kinds of colored, dresses and even bigger horrible matching hats on. They look more like walking candy, than humans. Some people look at me in disgust and gives me dirty looks when they pass by me. Come on! Have they never seen a person wearing a ordinary pair of jeans and a sweatshirt? I try my best to ignore them.

As I go further down the street, I see a gorgeous looking woman. She's probably my age, with her chocolate brown hair sat up in a side braid and is wearing, surprisingly, a plain blue dress. If I didn't know better, then I wouldn't have guessed that she's from The Capitol. She's standing in the middle of the street with a big canvas stand in front of her. She gently strokes her paint brush, that she has in her hand, over the already coloured canvas. You can see that she is trying to paint all the small details of something that looks like a beautiful golden fountain. One of my hobbies is to paint, so I get a little curious to see how good at painting this lovely lady is. I walk to her, standing a little behind her so I don't ruining her concentration. I get a shock when I see the painting. It's definitely not a fountain. I don't even know what it is, and I don't think that I want to know. Without thinking twice, I say.

"That looks like shit." I mentally kick myself in the ass for saying that out loud, when she turns around and give me a death glare. If looks could kill, I'll be death now.