Chapter Two - Meeting Mr. Sexy

Meeting Mr. Sexy

Elizabeth's POV

"Isn't this movie great?" Eric laughs.

"Yea," I lie, crossing my legs and trying to find a comfortable spot on the couch. Truthfully, I haven't been paying attention. My mind is a whirlwind.

Two weeks. It's been two weeks since the phone sex incident and Mr. Sexy - named aptly due to that sexy as sin voice - hasn't called back. I shouldn't be disappointed...but I was! It's eating away at me. I don't even know his real name.

"You okay, sweetheart?" Eric asks, running a hand awkwardly down my back. Inwardly I cringe. "You've been really quiet tonight."

Giving him a weak smile I shrug. "I'm fine." I am not fine. Any normal person would have seen that, but Eric is in his own little world.

Eric grins, mollified. "Great!" Turning back to the movie he effectively shuts me out.

Frowning, I chastise myself for not coming over in a pair of sweats. The black dress I wore isn't exactly made for lounging around in. It hugs my body, stopping just above the knee, with a long line of black buttons running up the back and accenting the gentle curve of my spine.

According to Claire this dress was 'smokin'. Judging by my boyfriend's reaction - or lack thereof – it's been a huge waste of time.

I glance over at Eric, a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. Eric Williams has what one would call pretty boy looks, light blonde hair and full pink lips. His mouth reminds me too much of a girl's. And he's a horrible kisser. Just the absolute worse. Kissing Eric is like having my face go to war with a fish and losing.

Still, it's no excuse for what I did. Gnawing on my lip I look away guiltily. I should tell him about what happened two weeks ago. Immediately, I feel like I might vomit. I just can't bring myself to do it. Eric is so innocent and trusting...

God, what is wrong with me? I had phone sex, with another man. I cheated on my boyfriend with some stranger. And I couldn't stop thinking about it. About that voice.

I want to do it again. And again...and again...

Standing up I grab my purse off the coffee table. "I'm going to go h-home." I have to get the hell out of there.

Pausing the movie Eric stands. "Are you okay?"

Backing towards the door I shrug. "I just d-don't feel w-well."

He frowns, placing his hands on his hips. "You're stuttering, sweetheart. Think about your words."

Damn it. Eric always pointed out my stutter. I know he's just trying to help - to keep me from embarrassing myself - but it makes me feel like crap.

Mr. Sexy didn't care about my stutter...

"Sorry."

Eric smiles gently. "Listen, why don't you stay the night? I'll make you breakfast in the morning."

"I had phone sex," I blurt. There, done! I feel a weight lift off my shoulders.

His eyebrows rise. "Oh. When?"

I blink. That wasn't the reaction I'd been expecting. I should have known better. "A couple weeks ago. He called for Claire and it just happened."

"Well, that's no big deal."

I just stare at him, dumbfounded. "You're not upset?"

He shrugs. "It wasn't like you had sex for real."